Re Protest March

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Dunc0936, Jun 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK all, with regards the march thread, time for a vote, simple question, a straight forward yes or no will do for the moment

If I was to get a group of people together again and orgainse the march, would memembers if possible participate in the march. The message should be simple such as the broken covenant.

2. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

3. I wouldn't. I always hate watching protesters on the news, whatever the cause. They always look like a bunch of miserable, unwashed, unwanted, hippy types. They always look like cnuts however noble the cause.

Most squaddies I've ever known are proud of the fact that we do a unappreciated job, in the shoitest of places, with the shoitest of kit. We moan, but get on with the job at hand, as that's what we do.

I wouldn't lower myself to be someone who marches around London shouting about something that the government are probably already aware of.
  4. You mean more unwanted and miserable than yourself? :tongue:
  5. hehe, quite possibly in some respects! ;)
  6. As long as everyone was formed up, Serving and ex serving marching in companies, families and supporters at least in organised blocks. The mass rabble approach would be something to avoid. No bloody hats horns, whistles and home drawn placards. The Forgotten Soldier could be at the front, or perhaps behind a band.

It wants to look like this on a larger scale:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

and not like this:
    or God forbid this:
  7. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

So, wouldn't join the rest of us unwashed, scruffy and miserable hippy-type ex services trying to make a point on the behalf of those who serve. Those who have been badly injured. Those who have died.

The government are totally aware of the points that we hope to make, but have chosen to ignore or cheat on their promises.
    It is said that the meek shall inherit the Earth. But only a plot 6ft by 4ft.

I cannot possibly benefit in any way by any changes that could be made, but am willing to march ( in my case, shuffle) to try to help.
    I too spent my time in service with badly underfunded equipment, and if truth be told, although a lot of us didn't fight in the wars that the present generation are, we did have some quite unpleasant little escapades. And were still treated as badly as trops are at present. We didn't complain, we joked, we got on with the job. Then, there were the Korean war people. They didn't complain, they got on with their little 'police action'. But those from that era are willing to support our modern troops, and don't mind appearing ridiculous to some observers to do it.
  8. Isay time for more action, we have to try at least. I like many of us are affected, even now i am struggling again like so many of us!
    We need to show serving service personnel we care and veterans like myself!
    Lets get out there , for loss of one days pay to make our feelings felt! F*** the medals and ceremonies, parades, welfare is what counts! Lets hit them hard! Just give me a confirmed date in advance and i will be there for 2 Royal Anglian and veterans!
  9. I'll be there and looking forward to it!

10. The more working class people the better. Because, after all, it's always been the working classes that fight and get killed and injured in wars - just or unjust. Those who rule us are the ones who ensure that a soldier gets £2.50 per day extra at the front, while MPs get £30 a day extra expenses, whilst sitting at home on their fat backsides.
  11. Fcuk off you utter mong.
  12. I'll come up with a date as soon as possible!!! what do people think the best, during the week or weekend???

I feel that it needs to be a march, marshalled same as the Rememberance day parade, that way we do not loose credibilty for what we are trying to achieve....

anyone who wants to offer their help, or some advice but not on here please pm me any time

13. also come on guys and girls, 38418 members of Arrse and only 38 voted tut tut we can do better than that

14. I vote no