RE Project Team Op Freshair - RAF Gatow Berlin 87 - 90

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Hole19, Jan 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I served in Berlin at RAF Gatow for Op Fresh Air in 1987 to 1990 and was wondering where all those great lads had disappeared too over the years. I particularly remember the brew room from hell where every intricate detail of your love life (If you where single that is) was discussed. We all know sex stops when you get married. Hard to swallow or doesn't swallow I should say. Regards Simo
  2. Ah so one of the glorious Corps members that did the work in hanger 4,
    Loved the job you did spent 2 years attached to PSA keeping all the dodgy plumbing, air con etc running for the crabs before handing it over to the Luftwaffe 26 bars on camp 'hic' and hardly any bosses to see us
  3. Good job that. Kept us in LOA land for 4 years but dealing with the RAF police became a sport. Golf was good, Ced's BMW and Merc got regularly washed, Chris Leddy's dogs were kept well trained and the Black watch Nick was preferential to Colly (I only visited members of the team in the cells of course). BFT's weren't too bad around the circuit and of course shooty gunnies was out of the question. we had a good construction team and could have taken on the world - well - with a few schultheis and Archie Lang for company.