Discussion in 'RAC' started by lukee, Sep 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi,

I was joining as a RE driver/op, but have been told I cant get a place until around march so I am thinking about joining RAC, would like to go 2 RTR,
    could anyone give details of the day to day job in RAC on ops etc and would u recommened the RAC or wait for RE.

thanks in advance
  2. Dont you think that b posting it in the RAC forum you will get a biased view? Perhaps in recruiting forum might be better!!
  3. :banned: go blow stuff up! :banned:
  4. RE by a long way. Get a trade etc. And get to blow things up
  5. Green flag have faster response times than the RAC

You should bear that in mind when choosing new pants

6. RE but don't let them con you into being a signaller (C2s or some bollox now) or a driver!!

Get a trade if you go RE!
  7. Get bigger shovels in the RE
  8. I did.
    In the RTR.
    'Kin lots and not all with tank guns.
  9. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

But was you supposed to be, that is the question. And you missed Clif* bert, very disappointing. :eek:
  10. 1.I refuse to answer that question on the grounds.....
    2.And not for the want of trying. Slippery bugger, but then you knew that.
  11. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Or join the RAC and blow stuff up from 3500 meters away at what is it about 3000m/s?

As people often say in here, why carry your weapon into battle when you can let your weapon carry you?
  12. Yeah, wot he sed anall.
  13. RAC all the way - avoid the Chav Cav, go to a regiment with tradition rather than mere habbits! :D
  14. Sirrah,
    Name your roundabout!
  15. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Chav Cav, is that what they call all those chaps with the funny coloured gear now. I supposed that's more polite than what we called them. Anyway FaceLike, when did you have your little drink with those to old men Sandyman & Gruby.