RE or RAC

hi,

I was joining as a RE driver/op, but have been told I cant get a place until around march so I am thinking about joining RAC, would like to go 2 RTR,
could anyone give details of the day to day job in RAC on ops etc and would u recommened the RAC or wait for RE.

thanks in advance

Dont you think that b posting it in the RAC forum you will get a biased view? Perhaps in recruiting forum might be better!!

lukee said:
hi,

I was joining as a RE driver/op, but have been told I cant get a place until around march so I am thinking about joining RAC, would like to go 2 RTR,
could anyone give details of the day to day job in RAC on ops etc and would u recommened the RAC or wait for RE.

thanks in advance
RE by a long way. Get a trade etc. And get to blow things up

Green flag have faster response times than the RAC

You should bear that in mind when choosing new pants

wibble

Get bigger shovels in the RE

doin-nothin said:
:banned: go blow stuff up! :banned:
I did.
In the RTR.
'Kin lots and not all with tank guns.

elovabloke

ADC
PE4rocks said:
doin-nothin said:
I did.
In the RTR.
But was you supposed to be, that is the question. And you missed Clif* bert, very disappointing. :eek:

elovabloke said:
PE4rocks said:
doin-nothin said:
I did.
In the RTR.
But was you supposed to be, that is the question. And you missed Clif* bert, very disappointing. :eek:
1.I refuse to answer that question on the grounds.....
2.And not for the want of trying. Slippery bugger, but then you knew that.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
doin-nothin said:
Or join the RAC and blow stuff up from 3500 meters away at what is it about 3000m/s?

As people often say in here, why carry your weapon into battle when you can let your weapon carry you?

AlienFTM said:
why carry your weapon into battle when you can let your weapon carry you?
Yeah, wot he sed anall.

FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
RAC all the way - avoid the Chav Cav, go to a regiment with tradition rather than mere habbits! :D
Sirrah,
Name your roundabout!

RAC all the way - avoid the Chav Cav, go to a regiment with tradition rather than mere habbits! :D
Chav Cav, is that what they call all those chaps with the funny coloured gear now. I supposed that's more polite than what we called them. Anyway FaceLike, when did you have your little drink with those to old men Sandyman & Gruby.

elovabloke said:
Chav Cav, is that what they call all those chaps with the funny coloured gear now. I supposed that's more polite than what we called them. Anyway FaceLike, when did you have your little drink with those to old men Sandyman & Gruby.
Memory fails but might be around start of 85. He that you refer to as desert head was still in his MiB gear while Dickie was RWxY dressed (shiniest veltshurns I've EVER seen!)

lukee said:
hi,

[align=center]RAC mate, more fun, more action, 8) [/align]

elovabloke said:
Memory fails but might be around start of 85. He that you refer to as desert head was still in his MiB gear while Dickie was RWxY dressed (shiniest veltshurns I've EVER seen!)
Just wondering, done a 2 year stint with RWxY in 87 and reacquainted myself with the grubs drinking habits and desert heads 50 year old bottle of port. Well it at least got me through the 2 year posting.