RE MOB Training for Herrick 15

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by wearywarrant, Nov 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As some of you may know, the RETA are now trawling across the Whole Corps for about 45 Augmentees going to 35 Engr Regt. I have put my hand up and had a Training program sent out that, to be honest seems to lack in imagination and relevance to where we might eventually end up. Any one out there got a comment as to what would be good and what would be pants in the pre-mobilisation training for us STAB's before going out to play with the big boys?

2. Well, I certainly hope you get back okay but look up the saying "Never volunteer". Now might be a good idea to sit down with your buddies and work out what is wrong with the training program, particularly if you're going somewhere sandy.=|

3. If i were you i would contact 35 Training wing and ask to nip in and see them, with a view of what the main bodies are doing, over how long long etc and see if you can adapt or certainly adjust your training plan to meet theirs. They may also have a better idea of the place your going. Im not talking country but regionaly. You can get all 35's info from Army net.
    Hope this helps a little.

4. The pre-mob programme that 71 have issued only runs as far as Chilwell in June, after mobilisation 35s own pre deployment programme will kick in. Having seen 71s the main focus is on getting people up to a standard where they can pass Chilwell and in particular the new OFTs with a few interest periods thrown in.

Dont confuse pre mobilisation (pre Chilwell) with pre deployment (Before getting on the plane). The mission specific stuff will kick in at 35.

Edited for clarity