Re: Manning and Records

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Baddass, Aug 18, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heard a real good one from 'our source at Glasgow'....apparently the civvy who operates the AAC ground crew postings desk, writes everything that comes down on a 'post it', then sticks it to his/her screen until he/she can be bothered to get around to it...........apparently as they accumulate (and apparently they do), many end up under the desk....'kin stunning if that's true!...I'm not AAC, so perhaps one of you out there may be able to add to this.......or to scotch this bloody rumour before it gets off the ground! pun intended :eek:
  2. Perhaps it's part of SOPs and not restricted to the AAC? It would certainly explain a lot about postings in my branch............... ;D
  3. In MCM divs defence it must be very hard to do the handover takeover with all those Post it not stuck to the side of the computer monitor. So they probable just bin them on each take over and start again that would really explain a lot
  4. Well as long as she is feeling better. The rest of us can just wait till they get round to sorting out our little problems. Like where we are going and why are we still sitting in the same post 10 months after the projected move date.

5. I posted a reply to Yellowduke when he started this thread on the Int Cell Board.  I shall repeat it below for your entertainment  ;)

Bit radical and strong, but I'm sure a lot of people will agree with my sentiments.
  6. True but there are also some mil pax up there who also move every few years or is it months
  7. Having worked at the APC, I would just like to add that, like all employers, the Ministry of Defence has a lot of vacancies.

Glasgow is a major player in the Service Sector (especially Call Centres).  Because of this the MOD finds it difficult to recruit and retain staff on the meagre pay that civil servants are paid.  The result is that the vast majority of CS are straight out of school with little or no clerical experience and who only dream of getting better paid jobs out of the MOD.

Because of the young age / lack of experience, mistakes are bound to happen.  Add to this the large workload that they are given, not just postings, but promotion boards and discharges, plus there is the continuing changes that affect soldiers Terms of Service.  All these things make desk clerks extremely busy.

Spare a thought for them and if you ever get to speak to them remember that you are probably one of over 400 people that they have to look after.
  8. A point worth bearing in mind.... If MCM Divs posted everyone to where they wanted to go, when they wanted to go, in the rank they wanted to be..... we would have an awful lot of Generals in Cyprus!!!!!

;D ;D
  9. haha oracle i would have to agree with that one !!!   ;D
  10. I dont know what you are all moaning about ? i think MCM Div(s) do us proud. bothering to visit every unit every year. (just think of all those air miles) ;DTEXT
  11. MCM DIV yep that quality service and mix of mil and civis working for your gud and benefit ........ or B these ppl who give u a confidential interview so ur head shed cant tell wot uve bitched about yeah ,,,, no they only send the reply with all your questions and there answers on via your adjutant so he can put it in an internal envelope and send it too yer ......... yep confidential sevice my AAAARRRRRSSSSSSEEEEEEE .
  12. Dear Grumblin Subltern,
    Sorry to hear your post-it has got lost. Since our contacts at Officer Wing RA MCM Div know exactly WHO YOU ARE, a posting will shortly be arranged. Good news - you will need no money. Bad news - cos there is nowhere to spend it. :-* :-*[www.moduk/apc/]
  13. Another Sunny trip to the Falklands for this falling star. Well it was fun while it lasted.

Col Brakpier did i ever mention what a devilishly handsome and talented man you are.
  14. My dearest Grumblin Subltern,
    Thank you for those kind words, you have discovered the secret to preferential postings.
    Wait out whilst I arrange a move to somewhere that needs lots of money, condoms and get-out-of-jail-free cards - you'll end up with an over-draft bigger than the CGs's entertainment allowance. ;D ;D
    e-mail - apc/love-u-all@glasgee.toon
  15. In the days before APC (and computers) officer locations were shown by a coloured disc on a board covered in nails. The colour code told the desk officer how long you had been in post and therefore he knew roughly when it was time to find a replacement and post you.

On a visit to my MCM Div I noticed my disc wasn't on the board and, after a tirade of insults, the curmudgeonly RO deigned to look for it.

It was behind the radiator.....along with eight others!

How times have changed.....or have they?