RE LCpl -Cpl Board 2006

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by hurrahfortheRE, Sep 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What a load of sh1te. Has anyone else had an OC who can't wrote CR's for dog toffee

2. You didnt pick up then hurrahfortheRE ?

Commiserations mate.

3. Luckily it doesn't affect me any more. :party: :party:

4. 26 really suffered, I think about 7 guys from 3 sqns. It seems strange given that 1/2 of the reporting period they were in Iraq and boards put a lot of weight on operational experiance. I'm amazed that one of my mates didn't get selected, one of the best L/Cpls I know, puts most Cpls to shame. What a fcuking lottery!

5. 39 had 15 I think it was across the four Squadrons.
    My next door neighbour didnt pick up. He's gutted. Definately works at a level above his rank too. :(

6. I do know a few people who left 26 distinctly unhappy with their CR i.e personality clashes and other disagreements lead to a carp CR. It is a bit pants that less than 200 words read by 6 people who probably don't know you decided whether you should be promoted or not. I love the classic line "I'm going to give you .... grade so that you can have a better gade and be seen to be improving next year". What a cop out! There should be more emphasis on the YOs, OCs and COs course on how to write CRs that will get the people they want promoted selected.
    What gets me is how the board select people. I know a guy who got selected for Cpl on last years board despite having not done an operational tour and had spent most of his career (5 years) and the last 2 reporting periods in the SQMS! It does rub in the belief that promotion is a bit of a lottery.

7. we all know that it is a pile of sh1te when it comes to promotion nowadays

8. Wasn't it always.

Can anyone think of a better way to do it, this as always been a bone of contention hasn't it. If you have a personality clash with one of your seniors then you are b0ll0x'd.

When I did my SNCO's course the records bloke said I had had 2 dips in the promotion stakes. Both times were when a certain SSGT\QMSI was my boss, he didn't like me as I was a Rommel.

9. It must also depend on if your troopy is a chick, only people to pick up in our sqn were plant troop and sigs both female troopies. OC must be a bit of a ladies man, wonder if his wife knows!!!!!!

10. It was only 5, 3 of those from 8 sqn

22 only got 2 I think!

11. was it a big board this year????

12. 187 i think our CO said?

13. And did all the post's get filled?

Also were the wrong people promoted?

14. as always 8O 8O 8O 8O

15. I know I got promoted one to many times. :wink: