Re-Joining

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Lane6861, May 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all sorry if this has already been covered

Thought i would ask this question on here due to the many old and bold who dont bull you.
    So here goes

In 2003 i was discharged from the army under QR 1975 Para 9.414 Services no longer required.

History
    When i was serving i was a spotty nosed teenager who didnt know his arse from his elbow,
    I was in care so when i got to leaving school i was due to go to a halfway house and im sorry to say this i used the army to get out of it.
    At the time i thought the grass was greener which is not the case as i have had 15 jobs since leaving

Now im married got the morgage, child and nice set up but i seriously miss the army as i still talk to mates who are still serving and i want what they got.
    The wife supports the decision.

Now
    Whats the chances of rejoining with that cause of leaving?
    Whats happening with cutbacks?
    Training will i have to do Basic again?
    Rebadging?

Thanks for any reply in advance

PS Be as brutal as you feel neccersary.

2. It will **** up your nice family set up for sure.

3. Ha
    Yeah i know but the supports there so even if im in yorkshire or the alps as long as i have my family for support its ok

4. Go to your local careers office they will advise you what to do if you've been out for more than 2 years you will prob have to go through training again, but they will give you all the information you require

5. A lot will depend on if your a Rejoiner or Re-enlister and what job your wanting to go for. take your Discharge paperwork into the ACIO so they can go through it all with you. Totally different from 2003 as standards are a lot higher now and limited jobs especially if you are a Re-joiner.

6. Whats the difference between a re-joiner or enlister

7. Re-enlister some one who leaves during training

Re-joiner some one who leaves after fully trained at in the field force

8. so i would be a rejoiner

9. Theres a very small list of specific Rejoiner jobs and rank out in the ACIOs .......your only talking of 100 throughout the year ...so check with the ACIOs if your job/rank is one of them...........extremely hard for rejoiners to get back in.

10. Sorry to be a party pooper, but my take on SNLR under QR 1975 Para 9.414 translates as '**** Off and Don't Come Back, Ever'.

Things may have changed though.

Good luck but don't hold your breath.

11. There is that aswell but by the end of the day its MCM who have the final say if they can start the application process and have access to how many Re-joiners are allowed back in.................its stopping all those people who thought the grass is greener to think before hitting JPA....not in this case i might hasten to add.

12. As I said, things have probably changed........

I have always understood SNLR to be a brick wall when re-enlistling in the Regs or joining the TA though.