Re-joining Bounty

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by remounter, Aug 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all,

I recently re-joined the army after 14 months in civi street and have applied for a re-joining bounty that I have looked into and seem to be eligible for. Now 5 months later I am being given the run around by my HR geeks, who say they have no clue about it all and that they can't contact MCM div to find out if it is being processed. Is this the case that MCM really the Ivory tower that mere mortals cannot reach out to.

As you can understand I don't want to lose a 6.5K bounty but it's getting silly now.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

2. 'MCM Divs' ceased to exist in January 2007 which is probably why you aren't getting any joy there. The MS Soldier Branches at APC are, like their MCM Div predessors, responsible for the manning of the army liability and career management of soldiers, they are NOT responsible for pay, pensions or claims. There is a form that you need to complete which you get from your unit HR; if they are pleading ignorance then they are lying to you. Tell them to contact the Rejoins Section at MS Occurences at APC for the title/number of the appropriate form, not your MS Soldier Branch.
  3. It certainly used to be the case that if Glasgow wrote to you and asked you to come back in to the Army then you were eligible for this bounty. if you decided to do it yourself, then there is no bounty for you.

No doubt the rules may have changed, but no one has been told, however I am sure it will all be in JSP 754.
  4. Thanks very much guys, I didn't know and I don't think my HR geeks knew MCM Divs didn't exist.
    I'll get onto them when I get back into work.

Thanks again guys.
  5. Yes there was a re-joining bounty Directorate of Manning (Army) letter D/DM(A)314 dtd 2 Nov 07 referred although I should think they have updated the list now. This was either £6,000 or £1,900 dependant on rank & trade. There are a shed load of other requirements as well eg time of transfer to reserve, any previous bounties etc and conduct assessment. Trades may also have changed. your clerks can look this up through the Army intranet or check with Directorate on line for the latest info