Re-joing the army next week

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by AndyWD, Jan 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i have my joining instructions, im joining the royal artillery 19 regt RA highland gunners, the thing is i have been doing some research and i cant find anything about 19 regt anywhere and there website is nearly 2 years out of date, also when i search online such as wikipedia its states they are based in Horne barracks larkhill, but my intructions say bhurtpore barracks Tidworth, do they live and work in seperate barracks? i have also been told that they are training me on AS90 with the regiment and not with a training regiment? i think that is because im a re joiner. but im abit nervous about the whole thing its came around rather quickly, six months since left the army, am i lucky the be accepted so quickly in these times of financial crises?

2. no its cheaper than putting you thru basic again

3. I'd say you were lucky. No need to go through a training Regiment and you're going straight to your unit. Nothing better than learning on the job.

Good luck.

4. Try the Army website here

5. Good lad for re-enlisting :wink:

6. i know about that site but it still has a limited amount of info, and i dont know if there is a way i can contact my new unit and find out stuff.

7. 19 Regt RA moved to Tidworth last year from Larkhill.