Re-joing the army next week

Hi i have my joining instructions, im joining the royal artillery 19 regt RA highland gunners, the thing is i have been doing some research and i cant find anything about 19 regt anywhere and there website is nearly 2 years out of date, also when i search online such as wikipedia its states they are based in Horne barracks larkhill, but my intructions say bhurtpore barracks Tidworth, do they live and work in seperate barracks? i have also been told that they are training me on AS90 with the regiment and not with a training regiment? i think that is because im a re joiner. but im abit nervous about the whole thing its came around rather quickly, six months since left the army, am i lucky the be accepted so quickly in these times of financial crises?

I'd say you were lucky. No need to go through a training Regiment and you're going straight to your unit. Nothing better than learning on the job.

Good luck.

AndyWD said:
Hi i have my joining instructions, im joining the royal artillery 19 regt RA highland gunners, the thing is i have been doing some research and i cant find anything about 19 regt anywhere and there website is nearly 2 years out of date, also when i search online such as wikipedia its states they are based in Horne barracks larkhill, but my intructions say bhurtpore barracks Tidworth, do they live and work in seperate barracks? i have also been told that they are training me on AS90 with the regiment and not with a training regiment? i think that is because im a re joiner. but im abit nervous about the whole thing its came around rather quickly, six months since left the army, am i lucky the be accepted so quickly in these times of financial crises?
Good lad for re-enlisting :wink:

i know about that site but it still has a limited amount of info, and i dont know if there is a way i can contact my new unit and find out stuff.