Re-joiners incentive

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by coax-on, Oct 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The incentive has gone up. For those that have left the Infantry and want to re-join (longer than 6 months out and less than 36 months). In a nutshell...............

1. SCBC qualified LCpl/Cpl - £8k

2. Pte - Cpl (non SCBC) - £6k

3. Anyone else - OR's only ( I take it that is for those who weren't Infantry but now want to be) £2.1k

Also the original RJB was only open to Reservist this is now open to trained re-enlisters providing they completed at least 6 months between Ph2 Trg and their discharge date.

Anyone interested see their nearest careers office
  2. So what you're saying is that we should leave for at least 6 months and then re-join and pocket £6-8K :)
  3. Would the infantry take a full screw who is from another arm ? passed commando course and Skill at arms
  4. Private goes on terminal leave, on around the 27th-28th day he phones his platoon commander up and rejoins. Within a week or two he is back in the Btn. Coy goes on two weeks leave with private told he is not eligible, he says well I will just change my mind, leave pass handed over private goes on leave with his muckers. No money was mentioned for incentive to return however a extra week or two off always helps.
  5. got to be out for min of 6 months first
  6. I'm sure the Infantry would love to have you especially 1 RIFLES who are as you probably know part of 3 Cdo Bde and the fact that you have SAA as well.

I'm not sure if you would qualify for the full £8k but you could at least expect the 2.1k. I should imagine they would ask you to do the tactics phase of SCBC or one of the Support Weapons courses (Mortars or Anti-tanks).

What were you in?