Re-joined regs from FTRS pay level dropped

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by CC_TA, Mar 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Greeting pay peoples.

I've just rejoined the regs after a stint on in the TA, a mobilisation and finally FTRS and my pay level has dropped from level 3 of 7 to 1 of 7

Is this normal or do I have to go and speak with my pay bods?

Cheers in advance
  2. Anyone?

ten characters
  3. I can't really help with the nitty gritty but I had exactly the same problem about 10 years ago but it was sorted out eventually.

AFAIK you shouldn't drop in pay but prepare yourself for many months of being paid over the counter and receiving horrendously incorrect pay statements.

Just keep fighting and get the Admin people on side and you should win eventually. I don't know how it will work since JPA came in though...

4. Yes its normal, No its not right. Speak to your Pay Bods who will find that APC have F8cked it up.
  5. And, if my memory serves me correctly, APC will blame everyone else too.

Nice to see we've moved on so far in the last 10 years...

6. Cheers one and all.
  7. personel on ftrs are to be paid at rates equating to the basic military salary with 0% x factor appropriate to the rank or grade of the post occupied previous regular/permanent/ftrs or ADC service is reckonable for pay purposes
    thats a quote that i wish i had 3 yr ago, i came back in and started at inc 3 after nearly 7 yr regular service because the staffy in the RAO said so!! hope this helps cant remember where i got it but i found it on google
    ps, did your ftrs count towards reckonable servive towards time served and 4 yr money?
  8. My FTRS time counted towards my 5 year money (pre-JPA) but not towards my 8 year (post-JPA) as the FTRS time was lost into the ether when JPA came in.

My Reckonable Service Date is the date I went Regular but my Pensionable Service Date is when I started on FTRS.

I haven't a clue whether that is right or not but I can't seem to get a definitive answer and I got tired of playing "phone pass the parcel" with JPAC after being shunted back and forth a few times!

9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Much as hate to say it perhaps your best bet of getting it sorted is to write to Soldier Magazine because it prompts a very senior AGC wonk to get involved and drive an answer through in public.

Before pushing this nuclear button you may be wise to discuss it with your CoC.
  10. Thats the situation for FTRS Home Commitment contracts. FTRS Full Commitment contracts pay the same ( full X factor) as Regular wages. Either way all your previous servoce and increments should count. Don't be fobbed off because some clerk numpty does not know the rules, its your money they are failing to pay you !
  11. Cheers saladin - lets hope it's sorted sooner rather than later. (I've been told Decembers pay should be in my account next week) :)
  12. damm right you should get a pay drop. you have been fleecing us for years walting around as a TA then FTRS. you should be donating your pay to us for the first 6 months. :lol:
  13. I had the same problem (well, I was at NERP or Catterick crow bag pay!). Look at it this way, unless you're broke it's a good way to save money! In a month or three, and just in time for Xmas, you should get another grand or so on top of you correct packet.

T C