Re-join Advice

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Chap_in_black, Jul 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    Looking for some genuine advice here. I was MD'd last month for lower back pains that related to working on afv's(C2). At the time of MD i told them i wasn't interested in any other job in the forces and went ahead with the MD. A few weeks into my new job im seriously regretting my decision not to join another unit. What im asking is, IS it possible to return to the army given my situation and how i would go about doing it!
    Cheers guys.

/edit, cant spell

2. Check your pm's mate! :wink:

3. Cmon guys! Are there any MD out there who managed to rejoin! The guy is genuine! Maybe no one has managed it! :?

4. yes their has been. get on to your GP. if you are pain free (dont bluff) go to AFCO and re-apply. there has been recruits do it so why not you.

5. Is your back any better now. I had a mate who joined the Cheshires then injured his knee and was MD'd. About 3 years later he got back in but had to get examined to certify he was healthy. He did manage to get back in though.
    Anyway if they have to pay you a pension anyway then surely they would be glad to have you back and get some more years out of you.
    Good luck and keep us updated!!!!

6. Thanks guys! He will appreciate this! Being his ol man, I will now bow out. :wink: :D

7. Ah ha, the mystery unfolds.................

(Or a WAH).

8. Thanks for the advice chaps, much appreciated! Time for a trip down the careers office once more.

9. Well done that man, I wish you the best of British! :wink:

10. I was MD'd with lower backpain 3 years ago.
    After bombarding ATRA (or whatever it's called now) with letters trying to convince them I've been injury free for some time and getting rejected every time I recently received notice that they're overturning my MD and allowing me back in.
    I think if you are genuinely injury free then just keep shouting and eventually someone will listen.
    There's always hope. Good luck. Working in an office sucks.