Re-inventing the wheel...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by putteesinmyhands, Jul 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - British space penetrator passes icy test

With another 10 years of research and a few tens of million pounds of funding, they'll probably get the penetrator down to about 9g in weight and 7.82mm in diameter. Of course, they'll need a launcher with a long rifled barrel to impart enough spin to avoid yaw.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. It'll never happen unless they go for 7.62.

Of course the spams will come along and insist their 5.56 penetrator is far better.

edit - beaten to it
  3. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Don't worry you won't be the last.
  4. They want to stop thinking small, the daft science mad cunts, honestly what kind of important stuff can you fit inside a projectile that small.
    They'd be better off figuring out how to launch this bastard into space, it's pretty much indestructible as it is, I had one for years, I crashed it and it caught fire twice, but it kept going, the only reason it's not still around is because I parked it somewhere in Newquay got lashed up and forgot where it was. It only cost 150 quid so I left it and got the train home.

It's probably still there though, blocking some cunts drive, resisting all attempts to remove it.

Attached Files:

• v.jpg
      File size:
      58.5 KB
    • Like Like x 2
  5. I've got this tingly superior feeling because I actually looked up the diameter of the 7.62x51 bullet... :)