Re: In my day....

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by error_unknown, Dec 14, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If these relatively senior officers are argueing that the Warrior turret suite makes life easy then they've clearly not had to write a Fire Plan in a vehicle that is bouncing along at 30kph, while map reading, keeping up with the Coy Comd, listening to two radio nets, trying to re-establish links with BATES AND using the turret suite.

I think the crux of the problem is the lack of time spent as a FOO.  In days gone by the majority of these "relatively senior officers" probably spent 2 - 3 years as a FOO.  In recent years most Graduate officers probably spent 3 years in their first tour and only 18 months, or so, in their second tour, as a FOO, before moving on to to AJD and then an Adjts post.  They just didn't have the time to pick up the experience.

This problem will be, hopefully, alleviated with the introduction of "Length of Service" terms of service, rather than the "Aged Based" terms, and the new Junior Officers education scheme, which will allow Junior Officers to spend more time at RD.

2. Wots a warrior,we had pack mules in my day...no turrets then

3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

See all above but substitute "in a vehicle that is bouncing along at 30kph"
    with "on a charger that is bouncing along at 30kph"

;)

4. thats it m8,i remember it well