• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

RE Hero, anyone ever heard of him?

I know there is a chap on here will say in regard to the MiD, his brother I think has been in the London Gazette, but you have to put his middle name in and spell his first name wrong or something.
But, Reading Sunray's link on the pdf format, does seem a bit strange to do what seems like 3 tours of NI before doing your B3 course? Maybe he's a bit old and confused.

And I can understand a Walt where civies are concerned, however, in a place where there are other former soliders, wouldn't they spot something?

If he was bluffing surely he'd bluff a better cap badge and not the crappy wedge one?

Maybe he got one MM for being best student on his B3s, one for Best student on B1s and the QGM for skipping B2s and driving a tractor?

well he 'commanded one of the CETS which took part in the falklands war in 1982' so a quick check with SAMA will check out ok won't it?

also a quick check on the times archives intimates a mention in HMs birthday honours 1980 or 1982 - but i'm not wasting £4.95 for a day pass to find out for sure
Didn't think there were any Frogs in the Falklands

I know there is a chap on here will say in regard to the MiD, his brother I think has been in the London Gazette, but you have to put his middle name in and spell his first name wrong or something.
I think that's a reference to me, and yes my brother's first gazette mention is incorrectly spelled, so they definitely do make mistakes. However, my brother also has an MBE and that one was spelled fine, so you'd think that given the gongage being mentioned by the OP - MBE, MM, QGM (!) - they would have gotten one of those right!

Looking at the Falklands Honours list, there are no entries for Kevin Bradley, under MM, QGM or MBE.

Granted, he may have picked these up elsewhere but he fails to mention any other credible conflicts that he served in.

If he was bluffing surely he'd bluff a better cap badge and not the crappy wedge one?

There was a possible Walt someone saw, Arnham? only on here a couple of months ago, but he had LI capbadge, or similar, Iraq medal with MiD on it, No wings.

Some people beleive its the new form of Walting - Crap hat, one medal, no wings! SAS don't rule, Sigs do!

Surely other members of his branch association have noticed his extraneous decorations - if such they are? I imagine Sir John Stibbon is not a reticent man in these circumstances?

Looking at the Falklands Honours list, there are no entries for Kevin Bradley, under MM, QGM or MBE.

Granted, he may have picked these up elsewhere but he fails to mention any other credible conflicts that he served in.
No mention of Kevin Bradley in the London Gazette. Even in a Corps the size of the RE, surely there must be someone who can quickly put the pin in this one? That is a hell of a rack - four decorations is massively unusual and we are talking Blair Mayne territory FFS! Even Andy McNab has only got two... :wink:

No mention of Kevin Bradley in the London Gazette. Even in a Corps the size of the RE, surely there must be someone who can quickly put the pin in this one? That is a hell of a rack - four decorations is massively unusual and we are talking Blair Mayne territory FFS! Even Andy McNab has only got two... :wink:
There is a chap in the R SIGS known to some of us with an MBE, GM, QGM and Bar!

Moral of the story : if you're gonna Walt, do it quietly. A private in the Green Jackets maybe ?? Long Service only ? Be the grey man and do not - under any circumstances- draw attention to yourself. Still get to turn up, get free cuppas and no-one would give you the Spanish Inquisition about your personal history.
:)

D_B

There is a chap in the R SIGS known to some of us with an MBE, GM, QGM and Bar!
Indeed there is - 90% of the corps know of him. Which is my point about Mr Bradley late RE. You cannot go around collecting tin like that and not be noticed in your own family, let alone the wider Army! Especially in pre-Telic/Herrick times?

Indeed there is - 90% of the corps know of him. Which is my point about Mr Bradley late RE. You cannot go around collecting tin like that and not be noticed in your own family, let alone the wider Army! Especially in pre-Telic/Herrick times?
Very true....I saw the said chap out running a couple of months ago here in the Shot. He was my Tp Sgt in 216 many many moons ago!

Very true....I saw the said chap out running a couple of months ago here in the Shot. He was my Tp Sgt in 216 many many moons ago!
Plus his achievements in earning tin were matched by promotions - so he is (was when last seen in any case) a Lt Col. Not a "Mr" occupying himself in this quasi-society or the other. Frankly the St George's Club or whatever it is might find a quick audit a good idea - it is bad governance at the very least implying no wrongdoing at all, to have family members in such control of a society or company. Cadbury rules etc.

Latest Threads