RE Geo Tech Trades ?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by noidea, Aug 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm applying to join the RE as a Geo Tech . I've just heard that I don't have to do RSC because I've been out less than two years I was in another regiment .( we all know how weird Glasgow can be etc) . I have to do basic again, this time at Lichfield .

What I wanted to ask is that I apparently have to do a two day aptitude test at Hermitage Berkshire can any of you give me a heads up on what to expect here , All I know is what I've read from the job briefs which isn't much in terms of info .

Oh If I do pass will I be in a troop of Geo Techs or mixed trades as this would affect my entry time from civi street into phase 1 .

Cheers people thank you for your time .

2. GGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK :D :D :D :D

sorry could not resist i resonally do not know BUT will ask around & try to find out anything i can.

laters.

3. What was the other Regiment??

4. GEEK LOL oh well sense oh humour can't go wrong . :D

I was in AGC but done two years with RWF now RWR ( sulk ) as TA soldier so can't really be called a geek as I've seen the army from several perspectives ie wading through a river to perform a section attack!

5. I would probably make sure your maths and english is up to scratch. Research roles, job descriptions etc. Know course contents, career path and likely postings. Each brigade has a small topo section, the majority are posted at Hermitage, there are a few in Hereford. Look on the Engineers website for some more info, not being topo I can't give you the complete lowdown. Hope what I said helps. Good luck.

6. Why go Geo Tech? They are not called Geo Mongs for nothing! I should know - I heard the OC of a certain Geo Sp Sqn call them that to their faces. PMSL :lol:

7. Cheers Plant life

8. If and when you pass the course you would join one of the Geo Sqns, 13 in Hermitage or 14 in Mönchengladbach; both have lots of chances to go to the warm, sandy/dusty places and help with the production of minefield maps etc.

Give it a go, i've been doing it for 20+ years and it's not all bad.

9. but the rest of the corps still will call you "geeks" :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

10. Knocker,

I'm not going to rise to it today...

11. fair enough.

the promotion prospects are good at "GEO" OR at least they were.

12. I sneaked in the back of the DEC ISTAR industry day today to catch CDI's wrap-up for the event.

Geo got a shed load of credit from him.

Either something is going right or there is a missing link to the "lady spappers" thread somewhere
    :oops: