Re-Enlistment

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by coops2356, Mar 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anybody help, I have served 6 years in the Engineers and got out in november. My contract is now terminated and have been taken off the data base. I am thinking I may of made a mistake and now trying to find out how long it could take to rejoin, I have been told 3 month, 6-8 month and also a year. Does anybody know the truth ?

2. Go down to your local AFCO, and ask them.

3. I am in the process of getting back in. I first applied in early January, still yet to hear anything. I was RLC first time round, but applied for Engineers this time.

4. The reason that you have been told a wide range of answers is that the AFCO have to apply to APC in Glasgow, this can be a slow beast at the best of times. But they are getting better due to some recent changes.
    In my experience it on average takes 4-6 months. The more you convince the AFCO that you are a quality applicant and sure of success, the quicker they will do the footwork for you.