Re-enlistment question

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by ITMatt, Feb 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I have a question regarding the application progress for re-enlistee's.

Let's say that a recruit has gone through all the stages - BARB, ADSC, Interview and MOD security clearance, but then decides to postpone his application to then pick it up again in two years, would the recruit still have to go through the same steps, including the MOD security clearance, which I understand is the most lengthy process?

I know the BARB and medical have to be retaken after 12 months to 2 years.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Hi
    It would depend on what clearence the individual had as they have different expiry lengths, also would depend on the actual recruiting office, if they had the paperwork still, do they believe the person etc.
    It doesn't take that long to get clearance from DVA now, anything more than 6 weeks is very unusual.
  3. Ok a Re-enlister is some one who's been in the Army and then left either in basic/trade training or first few years in the Army, any longer which makes you go onto the reserve list makes you a re-reservist.

I dont think your either of those though and have never served,correct me if I'm wrong.

If you have never served yet and are going throught he application process (at any stage) and decide to postpone/delay or quit it would depend on time. Your medical forms, BARB test result only last for 12 months and you would have to resit them on restarting your application (in some cases even if you delayed it by 10-11 months as not much time left on them). Same as your 1109 security forms as who knows what youve been doing in the previous year whilst deciding what to do.
    If you got as far as ADSC selection then decided to pull the plug after passing for a while once you get over the six month point most senior recruiters and PSO's would insist you go back for ADSC selection.
  4. Thank you for replying.

This is information is for my cousin, who is re-joining. He entered basic training, and then DOAR'd, as he wanted to finish his Uni degree. Now he wants to get back in.

He has been to court on a speeding offense, and was disqualified for three months, which is what is worrying him. He has his license now, though.

Would this be brought up?
  5. So long as he has his licence he will be fine, if he doesn't then he can only go into certain jobs, Infantry and when i left recruiting last year the Household Div were letting them in without a licence.
    He will have to declare it on his rehab form but as with most trafic offences, he will be okay.

Hope this helps
  6. I didnt get my vetting for recruiting through until Id done 20 months in the job :roll:
  7. Fckin hell, You've got clearence?

We are all doomed :twisted:
  8. Its surprising how a slab of John Smiths can bribe a clerk :wink:
  9. Was that normal clearence or the CRB check?
  10. CRB
  11. Whats the difference between normal clearance and CRB?

the_IRON: How come it took so long for your CRB to be done?
  12. Hi
    My CRB took about 12 months to come through but that was probably due to our fcukwit of a ciivi clerk fcuking the paperwork up.

CRB is clearance is given to people who work with vunerable people, ie schoolkids, cadets etc.

Vetting is to make sure you have no adverse history, ie terrorist links, etc

Vetting is the one you will have done in the careers office, there are different types of vetting, depending on what job you select or what unit you are going to.
  13. Before i took up a recruiting post I had previously had three other CRB checks that were done in a matter of weeks through schools and coaching kids sports. It was just suprising the CRB through York with the military took so long, whilst I was recruiting another SNCO had been recruiting for 18 months when his CRB was rejected and had to leave recruiting(he wasnt a danger to anyone) hopefully things have tightened up