Re-enlistment after redundancy???

I served in the Army as a Pioneer for 10 years however left in Dec 2012 after applying for voluntary redundancy. My service ended whilst at 2 ATR Pirbright employed as a section commander. I received excellent SJAR's whilst there and came top of my Company (just trying to paint a picture, not blow my own trumpet lol). A son on the way and my wife's career, (police officer) the time felt right to leave and train for a new career. After I was told I had been selected it hit me that I'dade he wrong decision and didn't want to leave however it was too late, the decision could not be reversed without appeal which I wouldn't have won. After speaking with my CO, RSM & RCMO, I was told I could possibly re enlist after 473 days out ( approx 15 months), but with the cut backs I might only be possible to join pinch point recruitments. I'm looking for general advice really, does anyone know of anybody that's joined after redundancy?? Obviously I will be visiting my local careers office however I hurt want a bit of ammo before I go in there. Cheers

It'll depends where the vacancies sit, if any.

Also, be aware that if you were on AFPS 75 you will rejoin on AFPS 05 (soon to be AFPS 15) and, at present, the 2 schemes cannot be aggregated.

The redundancies just get troops re or batted to where the big wigs want them in order to save money. I pretty sure I can re enlist at some point, it'll just be where the army needs me I suppose as they have the selectivity these days. It's just the same as when people always say "how can they be recruiting if they're making redundancies", its just natural wastage that has to be turned over

I stand corrected as there is a letter in the current soldier mag about this - you can aggregate for final pension, but not for the Early Departure Payment (EDP).

Why were you not offered a chance to transfer instead of leave? (unless it is something to do with you volunteering).

Ask the recruiters for the pinch point trades, and remember you may not come back in at the same rank.

A few friends of mine have transferred and its worked out well for them eventually, however overall the process seemed so long winded and stressful. I was at pirbright training recruits for 14hrs a day doesn't leave much time to investigate other avenues. I'm not too bothered about rank, just want to be back in. I need to pop in to an AFCO but they're only open mon-Fri.

Cool, thanks again. Sounds pretty standard considering I've already had a large payout.
In the knowledge that I am dicing with death and "Smacky Bum Bum" from Disco, can I just say something please?

You money grabbing bastard.

A few friends of mine have transferred and its worked out well for them eventually, however overall the process seemed so long winded and stressful. I was at pirbright training recruits for 14hrs a day doesn't leave much time to investigate other avenues. I'm not too bothered about rank, just want to be back in. I need to pop in to an AFCO but they're only open mon-Fri.
And unless I'm mistaken, today is Tuesday. :???:

Bore off! I wasn't going to leave with a pat on the back, bottle of port & testimonial of service. Family to support means money needed to train for a decent job rather than security guard or some other throbbers job.

Then tell your boss, the check-out supervisor, you would like a few hours off tomorrow/Thursday/Friday*

There you go, job done

*-Delete as applicable or whatever is acceptable to Aldi's staff holiday procedures

Then tell your boss, the check-out supervisor, you would like a few hours off tomorrow/Thursday/Friday*

There you go, job done

*-Delete as applicable or whatever is acceptable to Aldi's staff holiday procedures
Hey don't knock Aldi, I hear they pay their checkout staff pretty well. He's probably on more than when he was in the army!

Hey don't knock Aldi, I hear they pay their checkout staff pretty well. He's probably on more than when he was in the army!
And as he was a Chunkie, it's probably more challenging and technical

Navy net has been having the same discussion. It seems you would have to pay some of the capital back until you've been out 5 years and works out as a monthly percentage. For example, 10 grand capital payment, been out 18 months you'd have to pay 7 grand back.
However, the manning authorities have the final say depending on skills. Not being nasty but 10 years as a Pioneer, which no longer exists, might not be a transferrable skill and you would have to have maintained uber fitness to get back in the infantry at your age. Not sure of your chances after binning it once but if you don't try then you'll never know.
(Apparently they ask for 50% repayment prior to reenlistment and the remainder is paid back out of your wages over the next 2 years. )

The Armed Forces Redundancy Schemes do provide for the situation, so it can be done legally.

Therefore, as others have said, the issue is persuading the Army that you are worth retraining to fill a slot in some pinch point trade.

What exbleep says looks right in principle, that is to say, if accepted for reenlistment you don't have to pay it all back. The length of your break in service is one of the factors taken into account in the calculation.

Good luck!

Well if it's a case of just wanting back in then join the reserves, or is that one of those "throbber's jobs" you were on about.

So I'm guessing that if you got back in you wouldn't pay the redundancy money back, so how about you stay a civvy, don't take a throbber's job, claim some benefits and milk the system some more?

Whatever happens good luck to you and the new family.

Sent via Tapatalk HD