Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by rg1991, Jul 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I DAORd from Para training a month ago an i regreted it instantly, biggest mistake of my life, the reason i left was because i thought i could come out and live a bit as i joined straight from school, i got to week 6 and jacked it and im a cock for doing so, but at the time my head was seriously confused.
    As soon as i got back i knew i have fucked up big time. I went to the Careers office a week after i got out and told them i them i wanted to re-enlist. They have sent off a form to Glasgow and ive just been told to wait and hear from them.
    Has anyone else been through this on here and could you tell me how long it takes to get back in? I want join the Royal Signal as a Communication systems operator. Somebody told me the Signals dont take on re-enlisters is this true.?
    Im guted ive came out and just hope i doesnt take to long but as long as i get back in i dont mind.
    Sorry for going on and u can think im a **** if u want, but any answers would be great.
  2. Do you not want to back into Paras rather than signals?
  3. I thought he wanted the loggies as hes asking for advice there as well.
  4. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

The recruiting market is good at the moment, so we can afford to be be more selective than a year ago. Most of the infantry places are easily filled, so if you have DAOR then you will be regarded as a risk candidate. But if your BARB score was high enough to go RSigs or some RLC trades then that may be a better route as they are less well manned at present.