re enlisting worry

Discussion in 'RLC' started by howie, Apr 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello have posted same question in RHQ as well the more answers the better realy thanks
    i left the RLC 1 year and 10 months ago after 9 years 328 days, with an exemplary discharge
    i have been to the careers office and they sent a copy of my red book to records with the request to re enlist i was a Lcpl RLC Supply spec and thats what i want to go back to i left at the time because i was going through a very bad divorce did a year with the MPGS pay not good and had 10 months as a civvy my fitness is very good still and thats stated in my red book
    my main worry is that im 36 years and will get turned down because of this
  2. (smirk.....) What do you want _me_ to do about it?
  3. nothing just worried im to late to get back in lol :D
  4. If you return, does that mean you have to sign-up for a set number of years?
    Say 22?
  5. Think it goes without saying that your first stop should be your local AFCIO. If anybody knows about re-enlistment it will be them.

Failing that I suppose you could always ring MCM Div for the RLC in APC in Glasgow.
  6. As you are now a Regular Reservist why not try Full Time Reserve Service (FTRS), get in touch with MCM Division at the Army Personnel Centre in Glasgow.
  7. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

A mate of mine (yes I have one) re-enlisted after being out for 2 years. He was 31 at the time and after he had initially joined the Infantry at 16, went AWOL did time, re-traded as a Chef (ACC then RLC), acting Cpl potential to be selected to Sgt, got into a bit of bother was bust to Pte then got out. For his resettlement he took all his driving quals drove civvy HGV for 2 years became thredders with civvy street so joined back as a driver. After 2 weeks at Depot to test his fitness, mil skills and check his driving quals he went straight back in as a driver with secondary trade as a Chef. Blimey.

Anyway, his point of contact was the AFCIO and he didn't encounter any problems geting back in.

Good luck.
  8. Re enlist as a chef mate, they are desperate
  9. You're right there...... Chefs are really desperate people!! :)
  10. We all know that the chef's course is the hardest one in the Army, cos nobody has never passed it! (Sorry, the old ones are the best :lol: :lol: :lol: ).
  11. hi digital to answer your question no my service cont as if not broken so i have 11 years left i do think i have to do 4 years before i can leave again though
  12. been told today by records that my age dosnt matter its what my conduct sheet says