Re-enlisting... thoughts?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by tendangansakti, Apr 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon all,

Got medically discharged in 2003. I recently went down to my local ACIO with the idea of re-enlisting, this time into the Royal Military Police. But based on my grades my recruiting sergeant gave me info on the Intelligence Corps, which I'm now starting to like the idea of joining.

The sergeant said I will need to complete a 203 and it's up to Glasgow to decide if I'll be allowed back in or not (subject to proof of grades, BARB and interview). I was discharged with a 9.386 (Ceasing to fulfil Army medical requirements) and my conduct was listed as Exemplary.

What do you think of my chances for Glasgow giving the green light?

Cheers :D
  2. Go for it ;)
  3. What your ACA 4 said is correct. They will look at your FMed 4 and you might have to sit a medical board to prove every thing is ok with your legs.
  4. Afternoon folks,

Before I start I need to clarify one thing, I am not talking about myself and those who know me will vouch for the fact that I am well past the age of 'getting back in'!

However, a question.

My bone head of a cousin was discharged from Phase 2 training due to failing a drug test. Yes, before you kick up a fuss he knows he was an idiot, but a young stupid idiot.

He is now older by two years and realises his stupididty has cost him a career. He has approached the ACIO and recieved a flat no - goodbye from the Officer. Now, we all know our combined feelings on these things and I've already given him the good news that he deserves everything he gets.

However, is that the case in practice? Is there a QRs reference that should be quoted with a fuller explanation of the reasons behind the flat refusal?

Points to Note: I am not looking to have verbal abuse thrown at me rather a helpful indication so I can quote him the route to a lifetime on civvy street.

Grateful for comments and guidance.

5. on my "certificate of transfer to the reserve" in my not so little red book, it states

shouldn't he have something similar in his red book? this should help with get your answer, i think?

hope this helps