Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re - enlisting/Rejoining - Advice and chat in here.

I'm literally waiting on my offer of engagement and I'm back in my old cap badge. Capita are no help atall just keep saying they havnt got it yet. Stopped at the last hurdle. Should be used to this lol

I left 2 years ago & i cant be fast tracked because i havnt had a medical in the last 12 Months how does that work if it says
On leaving had a medical grade of Medically Fully Deployable or Medically Limited Deployable. Which i did

ssta71

Crow
In need some advice, not sure if this is the right place
So I’m 18 currently at college and I’m taking my GCSES (will be taking them next May) as i need the qualifications to join as a CMT. I was wondering if i could possibly start my application now and then start phase 1 when i get my exam results or something along those lines? I heard a CMT may have a long waiting list so i want to apply nowish so i could join as soon as i get my results but i doubt that’ll be how it works. Any advice on what i should or could do? Thanks

Joe93

Clanker
Are there any older people rejoining after more than 3 years out?? looking to see how the whole process is currently going.

Leedsboy

Swinger
My AGC application has been refused as I'm 49 and would probably have to redo Phase2 at Worthy Down. That's the case generally; if you can only give say 10 years and require Phase2 then it's not worth them taking you on.
We all know the Army is 8000 under strength each year but they can obviously choose who they want. And if any stressed out cap badges wonder why there aren't more boots on the parade ground this won't help.
PS My career manager informed me that only the infantry and RAC are really taking on rejoiners, and even then guys that have done around 10 years.
Seems the whole rejoiner thing is not what it seems. If you're over 30 I think the only route back in is through the Reserves. I expected more of the Army as I was willing to fill a bed space but not to be.

Joe93

Clanker
My AGC application has been refused as I'm 49 and would probably have to redo Phase2 at Worthy Down. That's the case generally; if you can only give say 10 years and require Phase2 then it's not worth them taking you on.
We all know the Army is 8000 under strength each year but they can obviously choose who they want. And if any stressed out cap badges wonder why there aren't more boots on the parade ground this won't help.
PS My career manager informed me that only the infantry and RAC are really taking on rejoiners, and even then guys that have done around 10 years.
Seems the whole rejoiner thing is not what it seems. If you're over 30 I think the only route back in is through the Reserves. I expected more of the Army as I was willing to fill a bed space but not to be.

Well thats a shame, Ive been out 8 years and served 18 so will see what the big boss people say, im currently 43 so could in theory complete a further 14 years. fingers crossed.

Appeal. Then appeal again

Joe93

Clanker
Well thats a shame, Ive been out 8 years and served 18 so will see what the big boss people say, im currently 43 so could in theory complete a further 14 years. fingers crossed.
How long have you been out and did you complete phase 2?? seems a bit strange they wont take you back with the potential of getting a good 6 years out of you.

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
Last Year i left the army at week 3 as an commonwealth Citizen recently i did a Pirior service check and it said i can not reapply untill november 6 i was wondering will being a commonwealth affect me i tried to apply before november 6 my application was rejected.

Leedsboy

Swinger
The moral appears to be don't use the rejoiner system if you're over 40, even if you're willing to fill an empty bed space. If I was in the regulars and working extra to cover a man down or another Op Tour I would be fed up with why the personnel are not coming through in large enough numbers from Phase 2. But for every person that joins another 7 leave. Now if the Army are happy not to recruit over 30s that's up to them but how to reduce the annual 8000 missing names? Over to you Capita.

Joe93

Clanker
Well looks like at 44 I've been successful on my re-joiner application back into the REME, Just waiting on Glasgow to work out an offer

I’ve been waiting for REME to get back to me since 11th November. They’re all working from home and have had promotion boards to do, so be patient. It’ll be worth it in the end

Leedsboy

Swinger
Well looks like at 44 I've been successful on my re-joiner application back into the REME, Just waiting on Glasgow to work out an offer
Well done, last summer I was told only RAC and Inf were taking back. I'm going back in as a Reserves driver so just medical, attest then off to Leconfield for my course sometime this year.

Joe93

Clanker
I’ve been waiting for REME to get back to me since 11th November. They’re all working from home and have had promotion boards to do, so be patient. It’ll be worth it in the end
I'm not in a rush, have all the financial aspect of living in another country to sort out first.

Latest Threads