Re - enlisting/Rejoining - Advice and chat in here.

Hi guys just a quick update i joined my unit on 29th october and believe it or not i still havent got a full kit issue, still no boots, ive not been allowed to do anything at all, not even swore the oath of allegiance, absolutely thredders with it now and theyve messed all my pay up ive been paid £900 as opposed to what they told me i would be paid, if its not sorted by mid january im out cos this is a poor showing. Not to put a downer on anything guys but its just not the same army at all
Have you not already swore your oath of allegiance already from being in before?

Midlander

Swinger
Serious lack of positivity everywhere! Making me re-think about rejoining at all! Gotta be some good? Haha
Mate i was so keen to get cracking but just been left sat in the rest room in civvies because im still waiting for my kit has drained my motivation, everyone has a cant be bothered and its someone elses job mentality

CC_TA

LE
Mate i was so keen to get cracking but just been left sat in the rest room in civvies because im still waiting for my kit has drained my motivation, everyone has a cant be bothered and its someone elses job mentality
Give your boss your mobile number, ask him to call you when everything is sorted and ALL your kit is in, go home & put kettle on.

Or ask for CO's interview.

Midlander

Swinger
Give your boss your mobile number, ask him to call you when everything is sorted and ALL your kit is in, go home & put kettle on.

Or ask for CO's interview.
That would be nice if i could do that cheeky month at home, If they dont sort the pay issue im going to ask to be transferred to the reserves, i had an interview before i went back and was told id be on the same as i was before but theyve been paying me £700 less and i cant survive on that with 5 kids and maintenance for 3 of them, i want to be in the army but at 28 with 5 kids and previous service being paid the same as a bloke in basic just wont cut it.

CC_TA

LE
That would be nice if i could do that cheeky month at home, If they dont sort the pay issue im going to ask to be transferred to the reserves, i had an interview before i went back and was told id be on the same as i was before but theyve been paying me £700 less and i cant survive on that with 5 kids and maintenance for 3 of them, i want to be in the army but at 28 with 5 kids and previous service being paid the same as a bloke in basic just wont cut it.
Did you have those offers of the pay-scale in writing? They soon forget and change criteria.

"There's 'x' amount of thousand sheets as a rejoin bounty. ...sign here..."
Gets to unit.
"When will the money be paid into my account?"
"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha; what money? You did get it in writing right?"
Bastards!
If they are ******* you about now like they are then I wouldn't even entertain the reserves - they'll screw that up too.

Midlander

Swinger
Did you have those offers of the pay-scale in writing? They soon forget and change criteria.

"There's 'x' amount of thousand sheets as a rejoin bounty. ...sign here..."
Gets to unit.
"When will the money be paid into my account?"
"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha; what money? You did get it in writing right?"
Bastards!
If they are ******* you about now like they are then I wouldn't even entertain the reserves - they'll screw that up too.
They never even offered a rejoin bounty bastards, i was happy enough when the major interviewing me said you will be earning Similiar to what you were last time, the more i look at it the more i think its not a clerks error and im being shafted bummed by the green monster

CC_TA

LE
They never even offered a rejoin bounty bastards, i was happy enough when the major interviewing me said you will be earning Similiar to what you were last time, the more i look at it the more i think its not a clerks error and im being shafted bummed by the green monster
Yup - The shites also binned my 735 days LSA back to '0' it took nearly 3 years to get that back.
All the promises they make and then break and they wonder why people are just walking or staying away.

Midlander

Swinger
Yup - The shites also binned my 735 days LSA back to '0' it took nearly 3 years to get that back.
All the promises they make and then break and they wonder why people are just walking or staying away.
Thats ridiculous mate, 3 years to sort a soldiers admin is piss poor, what do the clerks do all day?

The chief clerk he said it will be sorted but it will be after xmas leave now, do you know if they can pay you backpay straight away or does it go on the next months pay?
I always had any backpay etc, on the next month's pay.

Hopefully they sort it all out for you sharpish, as it sounds like a right cluster.

Midlander

Swinger
Massive cluster f**k pal, i could do with the backpay before the end of the month aswell since maintenance and bills has skinted me already.

CC_TA

LE
Thats ridiculous mate, 3 years to sort a soldiers admin is piss poor, what do the clerks do all day?
Unfortunately each rejoin has a separate contract and terms and conditions and a clerk has to work with the 'computer (JPA) says no' system, it took a couldn't give a fook clerk to go; "Well he had that much on his previous service, lets add it and bump up the missing increments and back-pay the annoying little shite!" (I'm on my 6th type* of contract now; clerks love me!)

*Reg, TA, Mobilisation, FTRS, 'S' Type and VEng.

Midlander

Swinger
Unfortunately each rejoin has a separate contract and terms and conditions and a clerk has to work with the 'computer (JPA) says no' system, it took a couldn't give a fook clerk to go; "Well he had that much on his previous service, lets add it and bump up the missing increments and back-pay the annoying little shite!" (I'm on my 6th type* of contract now; clerks love me!)

*Reg, TA, Mobilisation, FTRS, 'S' Type and VEng.
I bet the clerks start flapping when you come into the office with a pay issue with all them contracts i bet it confuses them the poor souls

I’m currently reapplying, my application has gone to Glasgow for prior service checks. I was discharged 2 years ago as TU, does anyone know how long it can roughly take and if anything will stop me getting back in. Made a big mistake 2 years ago and really regret it. Will they need updated medical records since I’ve been out or look at my medical records whilst I was serving?

BeaverWedge

Swinger
I’m currently reapplying, my application has gone to Glasgow for prior service checks. I was discharged 2 years ago as TU, does anyone know how long it can roughly take and if anything will stop me getting back in. Made a big mistake 2 years ago and really regret it. Will they need updated medical records since I’ve been out or look at my medical records whilst I was serving?
Alright mate, capita can be a real bunch of horse shit! 12+ months! You will have a 1 day medical. What are you trying to rejoin and what did you leave?

Lrch

Crow
I've been out for a year and thinking of going back. Jumped in the careers office and basically was told we don't deal with rejoiners go online and do it all. Now I know it's ment to be a case of a medically and history check of your service but from what I can see on here it is looking like it will be a long drawn out process. I have no dramas waiting to get an intake for phase 2 for retrading if I pass the medical etc but 12 month waits seem crazy when we all know how undermanned the majority are.

Any positive stories of people rejoicing??

same with me mate, well I put my application in online it took about 2 weeks to hear back from the prior service team saying I can’t come back until the 28th of feb, because I left on the 28th 2 years ago seems abit stupid. But I don’t think it will take 12 months

JNM

War Hero
same with me mate, well I put my application in online it took about 2 weeks to hear back from the prior service team saying I can’t come back until the 28th of feb, because I left on the 28th 2 years ago seems abit stupid. But I don’t think it will take 12 months
You’d hope not with the apparent recruiting crisis

Latest Threads