Re - enlisting/Rejoining - Advice and chat in here.

SunTsu

Crow
Please sign and forward the petition to as many people as you can. The closure date is Dec 2018 and it needs 10 000 signatures by then.
I have been trying to rejoin since Nov last year and have had many total sense of humour failures...I don't know how "Crapita" are still in business. The latest , it took the Capita support manager 29 days to reply to an email. I called him once a week and the excuses are worse than train companies use. He is either not taking calls , on holiday or in training, well I wish I had so many holidays, maybe that's the problem for their lack of commitment to recruit. The army must have lost hundreds op potential recruits.

Let's pull together and STOP Capita destroying the great British Army.

Please sign and forward the petition to as many people as you can. The closure date is Dec 2018 and it needs 10 000 signatures by then.
I have been trying to rejoin since Nov last year and have had many total sense of humour failures...I don't know how "Crapita" are still in business. The latest , it took the Capita support manager 29 days to reply to an email. I called him once a week and the excuses are worse than train companies use. He is either not taking calls , on holiday or in training, well I wish I had so many holidays, maybe that's the problem for their lack of commitment to recruit. The army must have lost hundreds op potential recruits.

Let's pull together and STOP Capita destroying the great British Army.
I totally agree on these Capita guys, I'm currently looking at my options of joining back into the Signals but they are taking forever. Like you guys have said previously, they are ridiculous in their excuses..I second the motion to forward that link to as many people as you can..!!!

Jjs826

Crow
I was medically discharged from ITC at week 22 in 2016, been going through an appeal since November 2017 and finally getting somewhere with it. Now I’ve got a baby on the way, due in Feb, and have no idea what to do..? I’ll be going to ITC again and live in Richmond which is only 10 minutes away so it’s not like I’m going to be miles away.. Any advice?

I was medically discharged from ITC at week 22 in 2016, been going through an appeal since November 2017 and finally getting somewhere with it. Now I’ve got a baby on the way, due in Feb, and have no idea what to do..? I’ll be going to ITC again and live in Richmond which is only 10 minutes away so it’s not like I’m going to be miles away.. Any advice?
What advice or you after?

DJRenegade

Swinger
So its been 2 months since I last heard anything, last I heard they were sending my doctors a request for my medical records. I received a call from my docs about 5 weeks ago saying they had just sent my forms off.

I called in today and they are still waiting for an outcome. I am 99% sure there is nothing on there that would be an issue, but these long waits make me nervous :(

Does anyone know the likely intakes dates for the signals in 2019? Just a guesstimated month would be good :)

DJRenegade

Swinger
Soo I WAS 99% sure there was nothing on my medical records as I had basically passed medical for the RAF. Turns out they have made me permanently medically unfit because I had recurring chest pain for a few years starting about 10 years ago. I have had 1 bout of chest pain in the last 5-6 years.
Going to see my GP and appeal the heck out of this!

DJRenegade

Swinger
They wanted a 3 month exercise diary as I was unfit at the time and wanted proof I was training, but I had passed the medical record review and other than proving I was training I had passed the physical.

I currently partake in HIIT training every Monday and I am training for an MMA fight twice a week. I probably train 6 hours a week currently at a very high intensity with absolutely no issues. In fact I feel the fittest I have since leaving the army 11 years ago so it is disheartening to hear something that happened ages ago and no longer affects me, can now make me permanently medically unfit :'(

Last edited:

Sttrory

Old-Salt
Next time take the pill

BeaverWedge

Swinger
But youve got an issue which started 10 years ago, last episode 5 years ago, may have had some inbetween. What happens if it spontaneously comes back when your serving?

Ps if you are currently fighting mma and only training twice a week- your gunna lose
Next time take the pill
be careful mate..... training two times a week for MMA fighting

DJRenegade

Swinger
The issues were all around the time I was smoking so I am hoping the GP can confirm the 2 are related. I stopped smoking around 4 years ago.

The MMA fight is a charity bout that only beginners take part in, and the training twice a week are just the times I am in the gym doing stuff i would say is very intense, these are also the only 2 times the training sessions are on for the charity bout. I do mild/moderate workouts throughout the week but in anticipation of selection I didn't want to risk injury through overdoing it.

Last edited:

The_ninja

Swinger
I passed medical in September and couple of days later received my start date etc for October. It says when I get to my Unit I have to complete Pulheems before I am officially employed. I’m just wondering why I’d be doing another medical even though I would of passed one a month before starting?
Maybe I’ve been a civvy too long and I’ve forgotten about army logic ;)

BeaverWedge

Swinger
I passed medical in September and couple of days later received my start date etc for October. It says when I get to my Unit I have to complete Pulheems before I am officially employed. I’m just wondering why I’d be doing another medical even though I would of passed one a month before starting?
Maybe I’ve been a civvy too long and I’ve forgotten about army logic ;)
Gotta love that type of logic! Hurry up and wait!!

You goin back in same capbadge etc bud

The_ninja

Swinger
Yea mate back into the infantry, have been out 6 years going in same rank/pay/ and army number which I wasn’t expecting as been out a while

Where you at with application?

BeaverWedge

Swinger
Yea mate back into the infantry, have been out 6 years going in same rank/pay/ and army number which I wasn’t expecting as been out a while

Where you at with application?
Same here mate, back reme though, same rank, pay n that.
Got my 1 day medical thing at lichfield a week tomorrow then apparantly i got to do a reme assesment day and then hoping for a start date.

Looking for a bit of help/advice for those who have recently rejoined or are near the end of the process.

I applied to rejoin (different cap badge) in August 18 and although I’m not going to, I seriously feel like withdrawing my application after the mess Capita have made of it.

After numerous **** ups (some they have admitted) my application was sent to Glasgow last week for ‘review’. Anyone know roughly how long this takes (guessing it’s different for everyone though) and what happens after that?

Cheers

W4lter-M

Swinger
Looking for a bit of help/advice for those who have recently rejoined or are near the end of the process.

I applied to rejoin (different cap badge) in August 18 and although I’m not going to, I seriously feel like withdrawing my application after the mess Capita have made of it.

After numerous **** ups (some they have admitted) my application was sent to Glasgow last week for ‘review’. Anyone know roughly how long this takes (guessing it’s different for everyone though) and what happens after that?

Cheers
I done the same as you in January mate and got f****d about aswell, took them 4 months to get medical paperwork from the doctor. All in though I applied mid January and got re-attested on 1st June.

Gwg1991

Swinger
Mate, I got fucked around again and again and again! Had other people’s paper work sent to me and everything! From me starting the application to getting back in will be 12 months when I’m back in January

Midlander

Swinger
Hi guys just a quick update i joined my unit on 29th october and believe it or not i still havent got a full kit issue, still no boots, ive not been allowed to do anything at all, not even swore the oath of allegiance, absolutely thredders with it now and theyve messed all my pay up ive been paid £900 as opposed to what they told me i would be paid, if its not sorted by mid january im out cos this is a poor showing. Not to put a downer on anything guys but its just not the same army at all

Latest Threads