Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Re - enlisting/Rejoining - Advice and chat in here.

I joined when i was 18 now 22 I want to rejoin, back then I was just immature and I had everything done for me (mummys boy). I was unfit as well so that didn't help, when i joined I realized I didn't want to soldier at the time, my mate was in there so i thought i join. Since then I,ve work in warehouses and as a labourer and don't want a civvy job. I've grown up a lot and supports my self. I realized I made a mistake by leaving, now I just want to be in the army, and get my career going.I don't know what it means but on my discharge papers it reads:

QR 1975 para 9. 383
unsuitable for army service

It says my conduct is exemplary

I'm currently getting fit, been doing fitness for about 3 months now and gunna go down the afco soon, just want a heads up or any advice, mature answers plz lol

fatboidrunk said:
I joined when i was 18 now 22 I want to rejoin, back then I was just immature and I had everything done for me (mummys boy). I was unfit as well so that didn't help, when i joined I realized I didn't want to soldier at the time, my mate was in there so i thought i join. Since then I,ve work in warehouses and as a labourer and don't want a civvy job. I've grown up a lot and supports my self. I realized I made a mistake by leaving, now I just want to be in the army, and get my career going.I don't know what it means but on my discharge papers it reads:

QR 1975 para 9. 383

I'm currently getting fit, been doing fitness for about 3 months now and gunna go down the afco soon, just want a heads up or any advice, mature answers plz lol

I think that might be a slight stumbling for you, although I am not to sure what it's trying to tell you.

Bloody hell MSR - 3 minutes from post to link. I'd have you marked down as a pedantic tw@t if you didn't have such a tasty avatar! :D

fatboidrunk said:

QR 1975 para 9. 383

Fatboidrunk

Is your screen name a Freudianley accurate self description?

9.383. Unsuitable for Army Service. said:
a. The competent military authority to authorise discharge is the commanding officer.

b. The Army Act 1955 (Part I) (Regular Army) (Amendment) Regulations 1992 Schedule A, Part II, Item 3 governs this authority.

c. Application for discharge is to be made, and discharge is to be authorised, on AF B130.

d. This paragraph applies to an unsuitable recruit, i.e. a soldier who during his first 9 months of service and while still undergoing Phase 1 and Phase 2 recruit training in a training unit, is considered to be:

(1) Unlikely to become an efficient soldier, e.g. unable to complete training to an acceptable standard.

(2) A misfit, e.g. cannot adapt to aspects of military life such as communal living.

(3) An undesirable influence.

(4) Likely to bring discredit on the Service.

(5) Unsatisfactory due to his conduct

e. A soldier who has been posted away from a training unit on completion of training is not to be discharged under this paragraph.

f. A soldier who is still serving in a training unit after he has completed 9 months service is not to be discharged under this paragraph. Full details of the case, with the recommendation of the SPSO where necessary, may be forwarded to the Ministry of Defence (DM(A)) for consideration of discharge under para 9.414.

g. This paragraph is not to be used for medical unfitness cases and does not apply to apprentices under the age of 17½ years to whom para 9.411 applies.

Hi,

I was discharged as unsuitable purely by choice. I had previously discharged under DAOR due to a death in the family and jumped straight back in without a thought. I was told i could not change my job choice and i must go in the RLC as a radio operator. The more i thought about it i did not want to be in the RLC i wanted to be infantry, i requested moves once at phase one with no luck. The welfare officer and everyone of my training staff wanted me to stay but i was adament i wanted to leave so i was granted discharge under UFAS. I'm now applying for the RAF regiment and hopefully will be accepted, your discharge papers are sent off to see if the AFCO are allowed to recruit you

what were your UFAS grounds? had you previously discharged?

UFAS will be coupled with a reason and a re-enlistment time bar i.e:

"Rct Smiff is Unfit for army service, because he is an immature tw*t who gobs of at the DS and wont shave or sort his locker layout. We recommend that he goes away and can re-enlist after immediately/1/2/3/4/5/6months/1 year/18 months/2years/3years etc etc."

Unless it states on the paperwork that you are "NOT RECOMMENDED" for re-enlistment, then you can re-enlist after that time frame. We discharge people as UFAS who, due to circumstances, may not be right AT THAT TIME, but if they sort their attitude or the thing distracting them, they could re-enlist immediately.

It's all down to the recommendation for re-enlistment.

UFAS in itself does not disqualify you from re-enlisting, only the recommendation can do that.

what do you mean when you say, what were your UFAS grounds, I'm unsure what UFAS means. and on my discharge papers it doesn't state that I'm not recommended for re enlistment or that I have time frame to re enlist after that date

:D Thanks for the post though great help