re-enlisting from DOAR

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by g_hu, Apr 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I started army training last september but I DAOR and left in october. Admittedly, I was a total puff but I've now "grown a pair" and Im really keen to get back in and prove to myself and to others that I can be a soldier and serve my country.

The only thing is I've got this bloody recommendation on my report saying I should wait 12 months to re-enlist. Its been 6 months since I left and Im getting bored of waiting and I really want to get back in.

Is there anything I can do?

2. What does DAOR mean?

3. Discharge As Of Right

4. Ahh right.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you do it in the first place? And are you sure it will be any different the second time around?

5. Fanny? :wink:

6. Im not saying it will be any different..I just really want to get back in.

Cheers heidtheba appreciate that

7. Sarcasim, g_hu, get used to it if you want to get back in.

The wink should have gave it away :roll:

8. Just get down careers office it will take a while to get a date anyway. And whats the worst that happen they tell you to f off for a few months.

9. Good luck with it anyway, and it becomes clear why they say stick with it..

10. I am also re-joining the army from a DOR, i left with a good record, i just needed a bit of time off to sort out my personal life before i could continue trainning. Now i have got my personal life back on track the army is giving me the chance to start my trainning over again.
    If you go down to you careers office now it should at least get you started as it will take you a few months to get the paperwork sorted.

Dont piss them about tho, not all employers are kind enough to pay thousands of pounds to re-train you for a second time.

If you go back in make sure its for the right reasons, (not just because you bored)

Good luck...