re enlisting age question

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by howie, Apr 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello i have a question that needs an answer if poss
    i left the RLC 1 year and 10 months ago after 9 years, with an exemplary discharge
    i have been to the careers office and they sent a copy of my red book to records with the request to re enlist i was a Lcpl RLC Supply spec and thats what i want to go back to i left at the time because i was going through a very bad divorce did a year with the MPGS pay not good and had 10 months as a civvy my fitness is very good still and thats stated in my red book
    my main worry is that im 36 years and will get turned because of this

2. I doubt you'll have any great problems mate. You've a good record, you're still fit and they need soldiers. Make sure that when you do go back in, that you fully understand your pension rights. You'll more than probably be put onto the new pension scheme. Get this area sorted. Make sure that there are no 'breaks' in your service which could affect your pension rights when you are further up the road. Check with the SPS first and make sure you get something on paper for future reference. Don't fall into the 'head down because I'm just glad to be back' trap. You don't want to lose out. I wouldn't imagine that your age will be a problem. You should be able to keep your rank as you were only out for one year, but this will be at the discretion of your Corps. You may end up doing a short period without rank.

3. Thanks Mate i take it my year as an mpgs soldier is classed as reconable service so in that case i have done just shy of 11 years meaning i have 11 years left and ill be 47 at my 22 year point the max cut off age i do beleive

4. Done a bit of searching and digging found a few threads which are on a similar theme. None of them answer your question directly, but have a read and PM the bods giving sensible advice. Paymaster and Paywog are normally pretty helpful.

Hope this helps, if not reply on here and somebody in the know may have a clear head by now, see it and give you a definitive answer.

Not a 100% sure but I believe the Engrs are increasing numbers of Res Specs across Junior ranks due to FAS, could be worth a try if the RLC drag their feet :wink: .

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=22017/highlight=enlistment.html

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=22044/highlight=enlistment.html

5. thanks i posted the question on the agc forum as well cant hurt lol

6. I don't know anything about the MPGS apart from theri job role Howie, so I can't comment on whether your time there is considered as reckonable service. If it is, then your pension rights should be intact. As they are part of the Army, can't you just transfer over? Has anyone else ever left them to come back? Might be worth asking around. Either way, I can't stress this enough........make sure that your pension isn't affected adversly.

7. ok my year as an mpgs soldier does count so ive been informed that means i have been out 10 months not 1 year and 10 months also records have told me its not my age they are looking at its my conduct sheet and red book and they told me that my medical /apwt and bpfa are still in date by 2 months from the mpgs so fingers crossed from here then

8. Nice one. Best of luck.

9. ok got told by rlc sup spec desk officer that he will accept me no probs and give me my lcpl back and send me to germany but its been 3 weeks and he still hasnt recieved my re enlistment papers but acio has sent them ,he said somthing about the people downstairs being very slow.i thought my red book would go straight to him , also i hope its him thats says yes and not someone before the papers get to him.

10. ok got told by rlc sup spec desk officer that he will accept me no probs and give me my lcpl back and send me to germany but its been 3 weeks and he still hasnt recieved my re enlistment papers but acio has sent them ,he said somthing about the people downstairs being very slow.i thought my red book would go straight to him , also i hope its him thats says yes and not someone before the papers get to him.

11. been accepted going to germany no loss of rank

12. Nice one mate. Seriously thinking about it myself. Been out 14 years and now a full screw in the TA signals. Anyone know if I'd keep the rank as my salary would be a big issue if joining back up?