re enlister thinkin about the T.A (welsh units)

Right I left when I was 18 I just did a few weeks in basic, back then I didnt know what I wanted to do in life, im 24 now and more mature and wise.

With the T.A im thinking either the 3rd bt royal welsh or R E which my local unit I believe is the 100 Field Squadron, Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (Militia).
I'd like to know a lot more about these units my questions will follow.

Right now I work full time and come september im going to college doing an heating and ventilation course, I want more out of life I'm torn between going R E and gaining trades or go infantry which my mind is swinging, I want to do an herrick tour.

If I went R E were would I do my basic training?

If I joined the 3rd would I pick what company I went to and what would be on offer to me (course wise) becouse basically I want to get my head down and progress, assault pioneer platoon, A company appeals to me, I want to go on tour as soon as i possibly could.

I'm thinking R E being smart becouse I have a mrs with a kid and i heard engineers get to do a lot of soldiering aswell and I want to get some decent trades, could anyone fill me in what the engineers (part time) are like?

One more question I forgot to mention, how much do you get a month?
Depends on how many days you do in a month, i.e. recuit training weekends and drill nights you attend.

Stilts

clearly if you cant hack the reg's what makes you think you can cope with TA?
I dont think you would fit in with any regt let alone 1 as superior as the ROYAL ENGINEERS! But you never know and we might actually meet up 1 day if you are ever privilaged to be granted a place in the best corp in the british army !
R.E.
see you soon maybe!

Normally I would say either ones are good Regts but seeing as a good mate of mine recently slagged off the 3 Bn (at length and with impressive detail after 2 tours) for having officers "who are cnuts to a man" perhaps you should place more weighting on the Engrs (who appear to deploy quite a few to Herrick).