Re-enlister and corps

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by andrewb19, Jul 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Quick question regarding re-enlistment.

As a re-enlister, having been approved to rejoin my old corp (only got to week 4 of basic) and having passed selection, am I restricted to the same corp, or can I actually change trade/corp?

2. Why did you only get to week four? Is there a reason that your chosen Corps may not want you back?

Best off asking in the ACIO for a solid answer seeing as how we don't know the reasons you left.

3. Your previous posts make no mention that your re-enlisting?

4. I didn't mention I was a re-enlister, because I was told to be stum about it. I left due to medical reasons, which have now been sorted. I've been accepted back into my original Corp, but having spoken with a few serving lads I met a few year back, I've been slightly put off. I'm not in the best position, because I start basic on Sept 1st, but I'm now wanting to transfer to REME.

Would I need to put in a new request to re-enlist with REME, like I had to do with my original Corp, even though I due to start basic soon? Heck, is it even possible for me to change cap badges at this stage?

5. I was hoping someone may have experience on this.

6. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Just get into Ph 1 trg and then apply for a transfer. Happens all the time, boring for the staff but inevitable as people change their mind all the time.

And it's Corps not Corp.

7. Thanks Forastero, but is that still true for a re-enlister that had to complete a 203?

8. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Too many variables. For some trades, there is no requirement to be interviewed by a Corps representative prior to Ph 1 but for others there is. Whatever happens, if you apply to transfer during Ph 1 you will be interviewed by a Corps representative to assess your suitability and motivation and there is no guarantee they will accept you. Your choice at the end of the day and depends how quickly you want to be in. If you're that worried about it you're probably better off sorting it all out with your AFCO before you start.