Re-enlist or Re-join?

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Bennyd89, Jul 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alrite fellas, heres whats happened.

Joined the REME intent on becoming an armourer. Went to pirbright dec 2006 - mar 2007. Went to phase 2 in bordon. On an armourer course by july 2007. In November I decided it wasnt for me and wanted to re capbadge to RMP. Then I heard that RMP werent taking on until Oct 2008.

So after deciding I wasnt going to sit on guard for a year, I decided I wanted to join the fireservice, blagged I was homesick and got the go ahead to sign off (Im a knobber I know).

4 months later and I've decided on Int Corps, going to selection in the next couple of weeks. Problem is, Ive had had the letter back from Glasgow saying I can go ahead and apply for Int Corps but it states requirements: Phase 1 & 2 Training. Does that seem right as I completed the CMSR for non Inf only a year ago and that is what is required for Int Corps? So am I rejoining or reenlisting? Also, does that mean I would be reverted back to recruit pay rather than go back in with the same pay?

Cheers for any help,

Ben.

2. I wouldn't worry about it. By the time they fill you in on when you can start, you'll be off doing something else anyway.

3. it's been a few hours now since he posted this so the chances are he's applied for the Navy.

4. thats a strange one. the ones I know who are re-enlistments have left and re-enlisted back into the corps and subsequently getting their re-enlistment bonus, so i'd say a re-join. By the way, they didnt have to go through basic again

5. I know that my post wont paint a picture of the most decisive person in the world, but I can assure you, I have thought this through. Do you have the answers to any of the questions I've asked?

Cheers, Ben.

6. i did type a long response, but then i changed it after a few minutes. then i thought that i wanted to say something else, so i deleted it all and started it all again. but then i changed my mind once more, and thought i would just post this instead :roll:

but i did think it through, i can assure you lol

7. Rant on!

Benny.

What you forgot to say was:

You were shoite because you didn't apply yourself and therefore jumped before you were pushed; already having taken up a slot on the Armourer's Basic Course that could have been filled by someone who is not a quitter and would have seen it through to the end.

There is a continual shortage of Armourers in the Field Force and you in being a fickle child have done nothing to help.

Having realised that you had to jump you made an ill informed decision to go to a Corps who weren't recruiting in the forseable future, then not willing 'to pay the price' you , in your own words - 'blagged', in my words - 'stated a falsehood' and got discharged because you were homesick.

Now having discovered the error of your ways you want to resume your service and again are not willing to 'pay the price'!

You don't get it both ways - either man up, sign up and soldier on and do what you have to do or be a dweeb, sod off and forget it.

By the way knob-end it is Armourer not fcuking armourer.

Outrage meter at Max

Rant Off!

Ex-Armourer by the grace of God!

8. How amusing, looks like this is the wrong place to ask genuine questions. Trar.

9. Benny, basic has changed recently, so maybe you are no longerqualified to go straight to phase 2. Esp in light of your indecisive nature. You are not classed as trained soldier, as you never finished phase 2,so retrade rules don´t apply.

A spot on Basic may be all that is needed to send you dithering off on some other ill thought out career progression.

On the other hand you may take a valuable phase 2 slot for the Int Corps and then decide dolphin training is for you.... Definitly, i´ve thought it through now I want to be a Dolphin... no a plumber.

If they are giving you a second chance, suck it up and go for it. If that is what you want.......

10. At least he's not looking at the paras/marines TF

11. saying you are indecisive is like saying Harold Shipman didn't like old people much.

can anyone imagine what this guy's int briefs would be like...? :)

12. [quote="CRmeansCeilingReached]

saying you are indecisive is like saying Harold Shipman didn't like old people much.

can anyone imagine what this guy's int briefs would be like...? :)[/quote]

Sir

Most likley course of action....no...most dangerous....no wait a minute.....yes thats it.....most likley.

The enemy will go left flnking......or will that be right flanking............nope, i've got it, two up with bags of smoke.........i think!

13. Sir

Most likley course of action....no...most dangerous....no wait a minute.....yes thats it.....most likley.

The enemy will go left flnking......or will that be right flanking............nope, i've got it, two up with bags of smoke.........i think![/quote]

I have heard a couple of briefs just like that!

14. Thanks for the reply. Dolphin training sounds fun, Im going to try that instead!

15. Its no fun when they change their minds half way through the course and decide they want to be Killer Whales though.