RE Capbadging

#1
Have just got in contact with one of my mates from college who I haven't seen for donkeys. He is in the R Sigs as a rad op but isn't too happy at the moment and wants to retrade to a job which you can use in civilian life. How difficult is re capbadging and what is the procedure? He is a JNCO and has been in a while.
 
#2
Surely radio operator R Sigs would translate well into Call Centre operator, civvy street??
 
#6
Yeah, that would do it for most!!! Just tell him not to be bullied into going C3!!! Although, hopefully, they wil realise he wants to get away from that... you'd like to think, anyway.
 
#7
amazing__lobster said:
Yeah, that would do it for most!!! Just tell him not to be bullied into going C3!!! Although, hopefully, they wil realise he wants to get away from that... you'd like to think, anyway.
surely when they realise he is a scally already they will push him firmly toward the c3s side of life :?: :?: :?: :?:
 
#8
A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
surely when they realise he is a scally already they will push him firmly toward the c3s side of life :?: :?: :?: :?:
They may let him retrade to something other than C3S however, when he arrives in a unit they will place him where they see fit (as they do with all sappers regardless of what it says on the posting order) so he will probably end up doing sigs regardless. As Knocker said though chances are they will offer him C3S as a retrade or nothing - depends on what they are short of at the time.
 
#9
Dental nurse!

They have a shortage in the RADC!!!!
 
#10
me n bee said:
Dental nurse!

They have a shortage in the RADC!!!!
I once considered that before I got out - that, to me, looks like one of the best jobs in the Army, if your medically inclined. They just seem to get left alone, to get on with their job.
 
#11
amazing__lobster said:
me n bee said:
Dental nurse!

They have a shortage in the RADC!!!!
I once considered that before I got out - that, to me, looks like one of the best jobs in the Army, if your medically inclined. They just seem to get left alone, to get on with their job.
if you want a cushy job where you do absolutely nothing & get all the perks going then join the ..................................................RAF :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
#12
The Army is his oyster so to speak. The RLC,RE,REME, etc all have a plethora of trades usefull in civvy strasse. So have the R. Signals, maybe he might find it easier to retrade in house ? I am ex R.Sigs & attempted to rebadge several times but was blocked by the MRO on the grounds of the Corps being short of my trade. However when I enquired into a re trade within the Corps, there was no problem with it.
IMHO he should follow his heart & do what he wants to do,& not what the Army wants him to do. That way everyones a winner. The Armys happy with a contented (?) soldier & the soldiers happy doing what floats his boat. If it dont happen then he,ll end up like me & get stuck in a job you hate,get pi55ed off with it & eventually sign off. Good luck to the fella, hope it works out for him.

Regards LT.
 
#13
Maybe he could join the AGC (SPS) they need clerks everywhere a good skill to take to civi street, the world will always need clerks. What about transferring to the Austrailian Army i here they are crying out for british military at the moment. worth considering.
 
#14
chatbox said:
Maybe he could join the AGC (SPS) they need clerks everywhere a good skill to take to civi street, the world will always need clerks. What about transferring to the Austrailian Army i here they are crying out for british military at the moment. worth considering.
With the introduction of JPA, joining SPS branch is a little less attractive these days, especially as no one is really quoting manning figures. I'd also question the value of SPS in the outside world.

If you want to stay within the MoD, or Civil Service generally you might do well, but that's generally the only place for a pure admin person these days. Industry want different things for the most part.
 
#15
Mr_Relaxed said:
chatbox said:
Maybe he could join the AGC (SPS) they need clerks everywhere a good skill to take to civi street, the world will always need clerks. What about transferring to the Austrailian Army i here they are crying out for british military at the moment. worth considering.
With the introduction of JPA, joining SPS branch is a little less attractive these days, especially as no one is really quoting manning figures. I'd also question the value of SPS in the outside world.

If you want to stay within the MoD, or Civil Service generally you might do well, but that's generally the only place for a pure admin person these days. Industry want different things for the most part.
You need to be a Sgt to keep your rank when transfering to the Austrailian Army. Their benefits are pretty good though, had a mate who has done so.

To be pretty much guaranteed of keeping rank when transferring, the SPS may be the way ahead, as there is a current shortage of 200 full screws in the corps at the moment. (Not sure about other ranks). We have already been told at my det that there will be no-one paid off as even after they get rid of all the unneeded posts after JPA, we will still be slightly undermanned.
 
#16
i rebadged 3 years ago, its an easy process. your mate needs to put a lot of thought into what he wants to do though, start off with the jobs bit on the army website to see whats interesting to him, then see the rcmo, it helps them take you more seriously than tipping up asking for 17 (unrelated) job possibilities.
 
#17
All the Regional Divisions are now running Job Fayres/Transfer Fayres where all transfer opportunities are publicised. Get yourself along to one of those or, as previously suggested, tap your heels in to the RCMO, who should get all the latest transfer news and incentives through from the APC. There are currently 25 Operational Pinch Point trades, many of which have financial incentives associated with transfering into them. Of course this might not work if you are already in a pinch point trade and/or want to escape from spending all your time on ops!

The bottom line though is that direction from both AG and LAND is heavily stacked in favour of those who want to transfer and it is now being made much easier to do so. If your RCMO or - heaven forbid, your CO - is being obstructive, my advice would be to bubble them as they are directly defying the chain of command in not facilitating your transfer.

The current mantra runs along the lines of better to keep an individual in the Army - or the Services - than to lose him/her to civvy street, so you are in a sellers market. Good luck!
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M The Training Wing 3

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top