Re-cap badged

I re cap badged a couple of years ago in The Royal Signals from the Infantry. I came across as a substantive full screw.
Now I'm looking at picking up Sgt but ive been told I need to complete JCLM Part 3. I re cap badged from the infantry and never knew anyone that did this "part 3"? After a promotion course, be it Brecon, RSDC, stores etc, we do a weeks CLM course in a classroom with some seniors and officers, often taking us through lessons about being an NCO, managing blokes etc.
Is this the part 3 that the Royal Signals are referring to?

I re cap badged a couple of years ago in The Royal Signals from the Infantry. I came across as a substantive full screw.
Now I'm looking at picking up Sgt but ive been told I need to complete JCLM Part 3. I re cap badged from the infantry and never knew anyone that did this "part 3"? After a promotion course, be it Brecon, RSDC, stores etc, we do a weeks CLM course in a classroom with some seniors and officers, often taking us through lessons about being an NCO, managing blokes etc.
Is this the part 3 that the Royal Signals are referring to?
Nope it's in an Army Education Centre and you need it to go to the Sgts board.

The details can be found in the DIN.

Thanks, I'll have a word with education centre.
Do the infantry do this as well?
Yes mate, everybody does it.

You place bids through your RCMO.

The DIN contains the course schedule and the application is an annex to it. The details regarding what priority you will be for loading is also contained within the DIN.

ugly

LE
I'm sure most of our guys used to 'do education' after they'd been made up. Didn't you get waivers for parts of it if you'd passed the relevant O / A Levels?

ugly

LE
I'm sure most of our guys used to 'do education' after they'd been made up. Didn't you get waivers for parts of it if you'd passed the relevant O / A Levels?
Nope I had to do it all again once as a junior and again as a grown up!

To no avail I might add!

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
For EPC in the 80s I was entirely exempt Army in the Contemporary World for having an O-level in Colloquial (I had Linguist) German. Yes. Go figure.
For Military Calculations, my A-level in Maths exempted me the first week, then the second week. Third week, we (I and a REME screw with Tiffy Maths) were made to sit a three hour exam on the Monday morning with everybody else. When the instructor found us half an hour later playing Battleships cos we'd finished, we were exempted the third week.
Come the exam, week 4, I'd finished the three hour paper in half an hour and spent another half hour rewriting it tidily (but still showing the working).
Pass with top marks.