Re: Cake

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Jokes' started by TheOleFice, Sep 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A young cockney painter is on a job which takes longer than he expected. Finding he is late for lunch he nips into the nearest town to find himself some grub. The only place open is a posh looking patisserie come delicatessen.

He wanders in and a well spoken, blue rinsed lady, behind the counter asks if she can help him.

He explains and she says, "Well, young man, I only have a few of our cakes left now; but you are welcome to have any of these half price."

Seeing a gorgeous cherry concoction with loads of cream and sponge he says, "Tell yer wot luv I`ll take a bit of that gattox there."

The woman smiles at him, takes the cake from the display with a slicer and carefully puts it on greaseproof paper in a pretty coloured box and wraps it with a ribbon.

She places it on the counter and says, "There you are... I hope you don`t mind me saying so but this cake is a Blue Forest Gateaux - not gattox."

Embarrassed, the young painter thanks the lady for the correction.

She says, "Oh not at all; that will be £4.50 please."

To which the young man replies, "£4.50 for that little bit of cake - Bolleaux!"