Re: Bugger morale- i need headlights!!!

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by Bravo2sugars, Jan 4, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you know anyone serving in Germany ask them to check the classifieds in the "Sixth Sense" (they've probably got a website too) or have a look on the NAAFI noticeboards out there. Somebody, somewhere in BFG should be due posting and wanting to flog the relevant headlights.

Failing that have a good look around on the net, chances are that there will be someone cheaper than your local dealer - don't get ripped off!

When you get to Germany you will get roughly 1 months grace to get your car BFG'd.  Plenty of time to track down some headlights out there if neccessary. If you have to buy them from a German dealer, get the tax free form (its got a German name that I forget) from the RAO at your new Unit, that way you won't have to pay Germand VAT. Once you get the lights don't fork out for a dealer to fit them, most VM's will do it for a few beers.

Hope that helps.
  2. It's called a mergastreu, that is spelt phonetically as I haven't got the faintest fcuking idea how to spell it in KartonKompf ;D
  3. Scaley

What have you done, Id sooner confess to liking blokes than admit to driving a hyundaii
  4. ScaleySod, get 'em in Germany - use the tax free system - you have a few weeks after you arrive before you need to get your car BFG'd. After all tax free is tax free whatever country you are in!!!!