Re: Bluffing Knuts

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by Soldier_Why, Feb 14, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

I think there's another bloke at that same fictional Fus Bn who's wearing Para Wings under false pretences!
  2. Expose them. guys had to work hard to get them type badges, if you didn't pass don't flash..
  3. I know a man who wears a general service medal with northern ireland clasp,claims to have been a sniper with the RAF regiment in northen ireland,He also used to wear a Diving Badge! the closest he got to northern ireland is blackpool pleasure beach. a Cock Gobbler of the highest order.

its not just enough to expose these people how can we prove it? i.e 'i lost the certificate' or 'those clerks! can they do anything right!'
  4. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

And I know lots of people wearing various badges of rank they DEFINITELY didn't earn!!!
  5. the guy with para wings E mail his name and number and will find out if he is a bluffer for you ;)
    These sad people need our help, and to be mocked to death  ;D
  6. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Do you know what mate, for the life of me I can't remember his name.  Any RRF guys out there know who I'm on about - guy was a Sgt and was (apparently) ex - Pathfinder?
  7. Pathfinder - I see lots of them  path things from my window at the side of the road...does that mean I'm qualified!!
  8.     We had a classic  in our unit  para wings claimed
    to had been para engineer been in jungle bosina
    kos etc etc .Lots of war stories  and  seemed to
    have  a clue what he was doing .
           they checked up on him as PSI  was ex para and
    found  he was  a total bluff . the sad thing of it was
    he could well  have done quite well in the ta  as he was not  a total  waste of time and seemed a fairly good soldier . we heard rumours that he hooked up with cadets and was telling them stories about sierra leaonne    and was seen  in no2 with a falklands  medal
    as far as i know they didnt take any 10yearolds down there
  9. Funny you should say that because we had a bloke turn up at my cadet unit claiming to be ex-para. He was a good instructor etc, and was there for about 3 years. Before being discovered as a fraud. Shortly after that he got thrown out for doing a runner. There were also a few other 'ex-army' instructors who did a crafty runner shortly after this.
  10. Found out a months later in the local rag that he had been RLC for 1 year before going AWOL because he couldnt hack it. Once he had been discovered as a fraud he left his wife and went to live with a man up north. She then sold the whole story to the newspaper including full details of their sex life....

she was so ugly im not surprised he turned to men
  11. pretty sad really, that individuals feel the need to large it about things you havent done, there's usually enough to honk on about with out bluffing!

We had a REME guy who was wearing his wings under false pretences, was found out to be a fake when presented with an LLP parachute at the draw and fit chutes!

some of the lads were up for chucking him out with out the required LLP!!
  12. thought the saddist bluffer i ever met was a plonker who pretended to be in the :roll: ta . no realy he would make up stories of what he did at weekends .which ok i know us stabs do that anyway but at least our war stories have a thin bit of reality in them
  13. Glad ive read this, i did a short time as an instructor with the cadets and met numerous people with these illusions, however it was me who got into trouble when i started to question their so called qualifications.
    A lot of them couldnt lie straight in bed. :roll: :roll: :roll:
  14. There was a Regimental Police Lance-jack, when I was in training, who claimed to have five G.E.C.s, but he had three taken away for fighting.