Re Badging

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by 5.to.go, Oct 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sir's,Ma'am's, Ladies and Gents..

Whats the cut off, if there is one, for somebody to re badge these days.....What with Veng about and all that..Or even an inter service move..

2. Normally around 1515hrs on a Thursday.

A bit more info on what you fancy re-badging to, what you do now, your age and the like.

I shall try and be more helpful next post :)

3. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

In the current climate, and the current "can't be unpushed once pushed" JPA sign-off button, I don't fancy your chances much, unless you're looking at going from a vastly overmanned trade into a pinch point one.

4. Vacancies list (for available CEG) is published on the defence intranet (Arms and Service Directors page IIRC).

List provides info on vacancies, rank range available, return of service, etc.

5. Where I am we have an Infantry Cpl tryingto transfer to RAF as a loady. Not sure they are a pinch point trade. Will see how he gets on

6. There are still chances to rebadge, for good blokes.

All of the ph1 slots are full, so the chance to get a trained soldier in at phase 2, poss in to a NCO slot is still a good option for many capbadges.

The ideal is a fully qualled JNCO moving from a bloated trade to an anorexic one.

Whilst the boast of full manning is being made.... it is worth pointing out that further up the chain we still have slots that may take time to fill.