Discussion in 'Juniors' started by K910, Dec 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello Ladys and Gents, was wondering if you could help me out.

I applied for the British Army when I Just turned 16, Went through selection process and during selection discovered that 2 of my 3 job choices were not open to my because of my eyesight, Anyway I basically got defered for seperate medical reasons which are now all sorted and fixed.

I am Still 16 (16 Years and 8 Months, to be precise) old and I was interested in finding out whether or not the chance to go to AFC Harrogate is beyond me.

Thanks in Advance.
  2. I think you might just be too old to be going to Harogate now - asfar as i'm aware the cut off is 16 & 9mths. But best thing to do is get yoursel down to your recruiting office and see what options are open to you.
  3. I think you may still be in luck, I think the cut-off is closer to your 17th birthday...but as 8952Craig says, check with your local ACIO
  4. Plus if you are old enough going to an atr better anyway because its quicker.
  5. You can go to an ATR at 16... the extra things you do at the AFC can't be anything but beneficial, albeit you being there a bit longer...
  6. AFC Harrogate and ADC Bassingbourn is for JE between the ages of 16 and 17.1 when you start. Unfortunately there are only two intakes a year at Harrogate one in a few days (January intake) and the other in September where you will be too old. As you may be aware from your deferment the application process takes a good three or so months even if it goes well, I take it your deferment period was for medical reasons at the RG8 stage. If you had got to th ADSC and passed recruit selection but didnt want the jobs they offered things could be quicker for you. Go in and see your old recruiter at the ACIO who ill have all your previous details and he will be able to inform you better.
  7. Brillant, Thanks Guys, Popped in to ACIO and everything seems sunny from here!