Re: Always busy?????

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by GROWNUPS_BEWARE, Feb 7, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bless you, little one. One day, if you do your very best and manage not to lose your platoon shooting records and don't leave any of your soldier's behind at Tamworth Services, they might make you an Adjutant - and then you'll know why!
    It's because you spend all your working day answer ing bone questions from Company Commanders, outside formations, Bde HQ, the local newspapers, courts, RHQ, ROs, Old Comrades, Offrs' wives etc, and doing tons of nugatory staffwork in response to crud questions from the last OGp, along with all the stuff the CO can't be arsed to do. So the only time you're able to do your own work (Offrs/SNCO postings plots, disciplinary registers, ensuring everyone is up to speed on MS, OJAR, NVQs, PDRs, visits, and any regimental events/ceremonial that +orderly ofr plot) is after everyone else pokes off at 4.30 or 5.00 to play squash and watch the Simpsons.
    Glad I'm not doing it anymore! Ha ha!

2. Bless you, little one. One day, if you do your very best and manage not to lose your platoon shooting records and don't leave any of your soldiers behind at Tamworth Services, they might make you an Adjutant - and then you'll know why!
    It's because you spend all your working day answering bone questions from Company Commanders, outside formations, Bde HQ, the local newspapers, courts, RHQ, ROs, Old Comrades, Offrs' wives etc, and doing tons of nugatory staffwork in response to crud questions from the last OGp, along with all the stuff the CO can't be arsed to do. So the only time you're able to do your own work (Offrs/SNCO postings plots, disciplinary registers, ensuring everyone is up to speed on MS, OJAR, NVQs, PDRs, visits, and any regimental events/ceremonial that +orderly ofr plot) is after everyone else pokes off at 4.30 or 5.00 to play squash and watch the Simpsons.
    Glad I'm not doing it anymore! Ha ha!

3. All our adjutent ever does is walk round camp with his stupid dog sucking up to the colnel

4. TO GROWN UPS BEWARE,
    I fully understand what your saying, but having just left our RHQ is'nt the SSA and Orderly Room Sgt there for the Adjt to fob off most of his work to!!!!

5. grown ups beware, If there is that much you for the adjt to do and the ssa and orderly room staff can´t cope well isnt that when the regiment employ an asst adjt to ease the pressure you would never catch me working that late, All that creates is stress, sod that lifes to short to work over time.
            Plus whats the point you don´t get paided any more, and b"llocks to any one that says you get paid 24/7 what a load of Mr whippy. so come on all you sad old farts do what everyone else does drink beer and smoke tabs and when your lucky fit a bit of nucky in with the missus( or your hubby if your a fem adjt). 8)

6. Chums all, wise words. If only this were the case. Sadly, I was Adjerooni at a big fat training establishment, whose mission was:
    1. - save money
    2. - avoid bad publicity
    3. - er....hang on...
    4. - Oh yeah! Train people (provided its Health'n'safety compliant, and won't get the doctor or chief PTI  upset).

To that end, all I had was one gallant Chief clerk and a couple of charming civvys (who disappeared at 1700), despite having 45 instructors (supposedly the pick of the litter) and about 500 trainees. So moi 'ead used to 'urt quoite a lot, innim?

Nonetheless, my humble point is that it's not your basic job which takes the time, but the blindside flankers and fastballs caused by other folk maybe not quite thinking ahead. And, brothers('n'sisters, cuz I was the EO advisor as well), given the choice of poking off to length the missus, or putting in a return for an LS & GC medal or ensuring all the OCs have completed their CRs in time (you need to tell them at least 20 times, certainly in the wierd ATRA environment we had), you can't let the lads down. Just think - you'd just be hitting your vinegar strokes - maybe even removed your Elvis shades, and pointing at your reflection in the mirror, whilst getting your better half to shout "You ARE the King -you ARE the King", when a vision of some poor CSgt without the medal he deserves, or a soldier going unpromoted, would flash into your mind. Disaster. You lose wood. The CD starts jumping halfway through "Suspicious minds", and you transform from a Love God into a weak civilian. Brothers - you gotta do what's right. The alternative is weakness (see my other sanctimonious outpourings all over this forum). Anyway - it's a shite job and that's why Adjt's are usually grumpy. But I don't give a shit - I haven't had a haircut for two months. (By the way, none of you can spell for toffee, so you obviously haven't done the job). So shove it. I'm off to watch The Simpsons. And then length the missus.

7. Excellent post grownups. Perhaps more vivid than was required!!

8. Yeah cheers Grown ups beware!! I don't recall asking for a boring essay on it.......Go and do what you do best - Watch The Simpsons and bone your missus.

Cheers

9. yep dead right leeanne- Booooooring, i was just about to fall asleep reading that. oh he probably bores his missus aswell with his dribble and probably his length

10. Ahem. Moderator lifts an eyebrow.

11. sorry moderator i got a bit carried away

12. No worries.

13. i´m not worrying anymore thanks for being understanding ;D ;D

14. Ass licking now Trog are we???????

Hehehehehehehe :)

15. Its " A  rse licking " not ass licking(split for obvious reason) Fish head, got no reason to a  rse lick, i´m just being sarcastic leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeannnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeee!