RE:4 Para

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by westy22, Sep 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I know this sounds really bad but I would like to join 4 PARA but Im scared of heights? :oops: I was just wondering if there is a way of getting over this fear.

Also what is the best fitness training to do to join this elite regiment? Thank you for your tips and advice
  2. waaaaahhhhhhhhh
  3. Take up base jumping.
    Take up fell running.
  4. Why 4 para? You should be joining 3 para mortars.
  5. try climbing
  6. Correct.

7. Hi ... I know this sounds really bad but I like girls but am really considering joining 3 Para Mortars..any advice on industrial strength lubricant??
  8. not boys mandy?
  9. Hi, I know this sounds really bad but I would like to do a good Wah but I am frightened just in case it doesn't work. :oops:

Has anybody seen a decent Wah recently that I can practice with?

Thankyou for your tips and advice.
  11. My bold - close your eyes!
  12. Don't worry, they sort that out on the trainasium for you. It's the part where you have to demonstrate that you can overcome your fears and get moving when you hear the proword "GO". I'm not a happy teddy with heights, even standing on the harbour wall with the tide out is not a good experience although not as bad as the door a balloon cage.

Trust your instructors and you might find you can forget about the fear whilst you focus on the task. It worked for me.
  13. Hi my names Alabama. I'm joining the Navy but I hate boats and especially water. Should I try and work in submarines?
  14. Honestly speaking, I did a parachute jump....
  15. Pies lots of pies, chocolate muffins and drink lighter than brown ale. Stout would be better.