RCO and civilian gun clubs

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by MrMiffed, Jul 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can I humbly pick the collective brains of the ARRSe shooting forum. Can anyone advise me if the Army SAA 80 RCO 1-3 is acceptable for a civilian club and the NRA. A work colleague, ex police firearms, is about to go on a NRA RCO course as his club is short of RCO's. I left the services 4 years ago and as far as I know the NRA cert is only valid for 5 years, is it the same for the military qualification?
  2. If you are qualified Stages 1-3 and can prove it with the appropriate military document, the NRA will issue you with a RCO ticket for target, match and gallery rifle, including moving targets, but not sporting rifle or any black powder disciplines. At least, that was the case 6 years ago, when they did it for me.

The NRA cert is only valid for 5 years, but can be renewed if your club chairman certifies you are in current satisfactory RCO practice.

Whether having been out for 4 years is a show stopper I do not know.

Call Maureen Peach on 01483 797777 ext 149 to check all this.
  3. Many thanks Vasco :D I'll have to put a subject access request to Glasgow to get my original cert :roll:
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

They used to ask for letters from your CO but that was when I first took mine about 15 ish years ago!
    I havent bothered renewing it!