RCMOs - what are they like?

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Outstanding, May 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bloody good blokes if you ask me.
  2. Well done. Are there any other appointments that you would like to mention? Do you like RSMs, Chefs, Post Orderlies?
  3. Steady on mate. I just asked the question, mine never did me any harm and I wondered - thats all.
  4. Why did you ask the question and then answer it yourself without any other explanation? Seems like a pretty pointless thread if that's all you're going to do?
  5. Are you an RCMO looking for a slap on the back?

I was talking to one of them yest in the Corps tent and HE is a fcuking good lad.
  6. I am not one. I think that they are excellent idea and that they do a good job, obviously not much interest in saying anything else about them or the way they operate.
  7. Are you looking for votes in the 'most random thread ever' category. Because if you are then you certainly have mine.

How can you ask if RCMOs are good blokes? Im sure its the same with every single soldier in the Army from an Inf Pte to a General.

Some will be good lads and others will be complete strokers. Same as civvy street/school/your local hobby club whatever
  8. What is an RCMO and what do they do? (I'm a cdt btw)
  9. Then id prepare for some incoming from some of the spotters on this site for even asking that question
  10. RCMOs - what are they like?:

Bunch of nutters, both current and past.
  11. So the feck is an RCMO

I honestly dont have clue.............Royal Canadian Mounted Orifice
  12. Check your PMs Brummie lad
  13. Cheers for that Guru, All I had was my SSM telling me I couldnt have any of the 5 adv trg cses I wanted as I was too valuable to the sqn/tp.........didnt believe a word he said even tho I was damn good :) :D :D
  14. As individuals I'm sure the good bloke to chopper ratio is maintained within the RCMO community much as it is elsewhwere but:

They exist to advise Soldiers on career choices and paths but RCMOs are almost invariably RD LEs - people who have not been employed within their trade since the rank of Cpl or Sgt, so not exactly qualified. Well done RSigs!!! What a waste of time. If I want to be sneered at for choosing the supervisory path I'll pop in to see the RSM - I don't need an RCMO. They were equally useless when I was a junior soldier.

In summary - good blokes ; pointless appointment.
  15. Disagree, given that RCMOs exist to act as a conduit for all soldiers to discuss their careers with. I accept that they may not be completely brilliant at all MCM / APC matters but nevertheless until the system brings in something better they are what we got!!

I guess that your reasons for not wanting an RCMO are that he/she is not able to answer or deal with your specific question, if thats the case, how can the system be made better (better training, previous attachment to Glasgow/more stringent selection)??