RCDM - Lichfield

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Duck24, Jan 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me if the RCDM is definately going to be moved to Lichfield some time soon? I know there are plans for it to be 'the new home of RCDM' but was wondering if any of the recent talk of budget cuts will delay the plans? I'm sure a purpose built facilty will be good but Lichfield is a long way from Birmingham in rush hour...
  2. It was unaffordable when we weren't bust...
  3. It's not that far on the Lichfield - Redditch train line. And some medics could do with the exercise! :eek:
  4. died years ago
  5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Good Bite ! Er.....well DMS Whittington (formerly ATR Lichfield) new HQ building was handed over to Defence Estates earlier this month.

By end of March, majority of Commander Joint Medical Command and S-G's staff will be in post.

Unsighted on who from RCDM is due to move up to Whittington....but the Midland Medical Accommodation Project is very much underway.

Dit here - from Google.
  6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Defence Medical Services

Mike Gapes: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what plans he has for the relocation of Defence Medical Services to Lichfield; and if he will make a statement. [2649]

Mr Robathan: The relocation of elements of the Defence Medical Services, namely Headquarters Surgeon General (HQ SG) and major components of the Joint Medical Command (JMC), is proceeding to plan. The new HQ, named Coltman House, has been built and is now fully occupied. Alongside HQ SG, the elements of the JMC now at Whittington comprise the Defence Medical Group (DMG) and JMC HQ (previously located at Gosport); Director Healthcare (previously located in London); Defence Dental Service (previously located at RAF Halton); and the Defence Postgraduate Medical Dean (previously located in Birmingham).
    We anticipate announcing a preferred bidder for the next phase of the project, known as "Increment 2", this summer. This will include new training facilities, a new learning centre, a new lecture theatre, new messes for officers and for warrant officers and senior NCOs, and a new junior ranks dining and leisure facility. "Increment 3", running in parallel with "Increment 2", will provide modern living accommodation, and is being run as part of the MOD-wide Project SLAM (Single Living Accommodation Modernisation)
  7. I heard on the grapevine that Lichfield has been granted funding for completion by the new government.

Nothing official mind - just duty rumour.
  8. I heard on the grapevine that Lichfield has been granted funding for completion by the new government.

Nothing official mind - just duty rumour.
  9. Duty rumour works for me!
  10. I'm heading to Lichfield today to deliver more 'goodies' for the RRU patients from The Veterans Charity. To date we have supplied fridges, micrwaves, kettles, books, pictures, DVDs and DVD players. The RRU is state of the art but the rest room and accommodation block are 'basic' to say the least. We've even supplied 35 winter duvets as it gets very cold in the winter months and those with limb and nerve damage will feel the cold so much more. We've been lucky to see the full plans for Whittington and it's great to see such investment taking place. The CO is a very caring and passionate man who focuses on patient care as a number 1 priority. It's a real shame that the budget cuts limit his efforts to provide for those in his care.