RCBS Customer Support

ugly

LE
I've heard that they will warranty the electronics regardless of the age

I've heard that they will warranty the electronics regardless of the age
Not the case ugly.

LIMITED WARRANTY

ChargeMaster Scale/Combo/Dispenser, RangeMaster Scale, AmmoMaster Chronograph

Your ChargeMaster scale, ChargeMaster Combo, RangeMaster scale, ChargeMaster Dispenser or AmmoMaster Chronograph is warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. This warranty is extended only to the original consumer purchaser. All RCBS products are intended for non-commercial use by hobbyists. Any other use of these products will void the warranty. Should you believe that ChargeMaster scale, ChargeMaster Combo, RangeMaster scale, ChargeMaster Dispenser or AmmoMaster Chronograph is defective in material or workmanship, you must return the ChargeMaster scale, ChargeMaster Combo, RangeMaster scale, ChargeMaster Dispenser or AmmoMaster Chronograph to Ammunition Accessories Inc. through its Oroville operation (hereinafter "Oroville Operations") postage paid for evaluation. If defective, the product will be repaired or replaced at Oroville Operations' option, at no charge.

Send a dated proof of purchase to Oroville Operations along with the product information and reason for return to:

Ammunition Accessories Inc., Oroville Operations
605 Oro Dam Blvd
Oroville, California 95965

Warranty services cannot be provided without meeting the above requirements.

TO ENSURE ACCURACY OF YOUR WARRANTY INFORMATION, SEND YOUR WARRANTY CARD TO:
Ammunition Accessories Inc., Oroville Operations
605 Oro Dam Blvd
Oroville, California 95965

ugly

LE
I know what it says it's different to what I have read and heard about it though. A Canadian mate had his replaced foc as it went wonky after two years. Fingers crossed I've had mine years now. Also electrical goods sold in the EU are supposed to ha e two years Warranty.

A Canadian mate had his replaced foc as it went wonky after two years.
Well an American mate had one where the scale died after 18 months. He contacted RCBS only to be told he had to contact some other company that actually made them. The attitude of the other company was oh dear, so sad, goodbye.

ugly

LE
Not the great experience I have had with them

Not the great experience I have had with them
For the most part RCBS are very good about replacing stuff, but when it comes to anything with a circuit board inside, well these days it seems to be a case of tough titty if it's out of warranty.

I have a Chargemaster, it's back in it's box and has been there since I bought my progressive set up

ugly

LE
For the most part RCBS are very good about replacing stuff, but when it comes to anything with a circuit board inside, well these days it seems to be a case of tough titty if it's out of warranty.

I have a Chargemaster, it's back in it's box and has been there since I bought my progressive set up
As I said, my experience is different, a Canadian friend had his replaced no quibbles, he didn't send it back just photos, in fact they told him to take a pic of it smashed to bits, he did and his replacement was there the next week.

My X dies say made in the USA.
I think only the electronic stuff & some plastics like loading trays are made in China (which applies to pretty much everything these days).
Having said that; my Chargemaster combo must have thrown more than 10,000 loads over the past 10 years, 9 of them with the programme "tweaked" a tad to speed up the dispensing (more fast drop, less slow but the same trickle). Still works as well as it did at the start.
Yes I tried the tweak after if decided it could no longer function properly, still no joy.

I get the impression from many of the forums that there is a bit of confusion as to what gets made where by them. I still think some of their basic die sets are made in China, but I'm basing that on various forum post I've read over the years. Seems a few saying that Rockchucker frames seem to be made in China?

I generally stick with Redding as they are 100% USA manufactured and I always think look better finished than any of the RCBS stuff.

One last thought, if they are happy sending stuff for free when it breaks (apparently their de-cap pins are not so good anymore?) does that point in the direction of having some of their stuff made by the Chinese.

Last edited:

ugly

LE
One last thought, if they are happy sending stuff for free when it breaks (apparently their de-cap pins are not so good anymore?) does that point in the direction of having some of their stuff made by the Chinese.
Or an increase in ham fisted idiots taking up reloading! When you get a decapping pin break just email and ask for a pack. Dont forget that primer flash holes not being centred breaks pins as does the berdan case getting past QC.

Yes that could be a contributing factor.

In fact I think the only one I have ever broken was due to exactly that...a Berdan primed case slipping through QC.

ugly

LE
Yes that could be a contributing factor.
Ive got to the point where a new set of dies gets thoroughly cleaned before use, (I still have loads in the boxes unopened) and the brass checked so I can rule out numptyness when emailing RCBS!

Yes I tried the tweak after if decided it could no longer function properly, still no joy.

I get the impression from many of the forums that there is a bit of confusion as to what gets made where by them. I still think some of their basic die sets are made in China, but I'm basing that on various forum post I've read over the years. Seems a few saying that Rockchucker frames seem to be made in China?

I generally stick with Redding as they are 100% USA manufactured and I always think look better finished than any of the RCBS stuff.

I've seen RCBS' own statement on where their stuff is made, including where they said they had some frames cast in China for evaluation & never went any further as the quality was sub par.
There's so much partisan guff posted on forums regarding the various makes of reloading gear, that I no longer take much notice.
Take Lee for example: For 90% of reloaders, it'll last them a lifetime but push it to several thousand loads a year & some item will wear out.

ugly

LE
C frame presses just aren't enough for .303 and I have broken a rockchucker but my Redding Boss goes on and on. I do Redding dies when I can afford to, I also use Lee as RCBS importers are less than stellar so I would rather by RCBS off the shelf at another shop than deal with GMK.

Or an increase in ham fisted idiots taking up reloading! When you get a decapping pin break just email and ask for a pack. Dont forget that primer flash holes not being centred breaks pins as does the berdan case getting past QC.
They're $1.99 a pack of five in the store near my mate's place, so I just buy a pack when needed - we check all cases for Berdan types but inevitably one slips through every now & then. That's one thing I like with the Lee dies; the pin just pushes up inside the mandrel & a minute with a couple of spanners resets it.

ugly

LE
They're $1.99 a pack of five in the store near my mate's place, so I just buy a pack when needed - we check all cases for Berdan types but inevitably one slips through every now & then. That's one thing I like with the Lee dies; the pin just pushes up inside the mandrel & a minute with a couple of spanners resets it.
The new ones do, the old ones were similar to RCBS (before collet dies). I dont like the collet dies, too fiddly.

I have to say I cannot fault RCBS in their service.. I have an old A4 Big Max press that has sheared a hinge pin a couple of times and the plastic primer catcher has split.. always replaced without question. I also have an RCBS lubsizer that the weld went on the handle assembly.. again always replaced without question..

I have also favoured RCBS dies when given the chance, although I am building up my collection of Redding and CH4 dies as well as the odd Lee for small run calibres. Dave at CH4 has been very helpful as far as chasing down my problems with Privi 8mm Lebel cases..

I just found this posted elsewhere so that seems to dispel the Chicom rumours.

Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 18:33

Subject: RE: Where are your presses, dies, and other products made

All products with the exception of electronic items are made in our factory (Oroville, California).

Thank you,

Sheila Ennes
Technical Service Manager
ATK/RCBS Operation