RBL Official Song

pongo6863

RIP
RIP
I see the BBC have banned the official RBL record of that song by the screaming harridan. At least they've a bit of taste!

pongo6863

RIP
RIP
...but she's a friend of Princes Harry and William and a national treasure :eek:
Shouldn't she be buried in St. Paul's then? Preferably today...

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Hasn't it got Jeff Beck on twiddly bits. That's good enough for me.

Ah, that's the one. Helluva lot better than the Fureys and almost every other person who turned up in an Aran jumper to sing it.

Last edited:

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Did I mention that I thought Joss Stone was not very good?

Hang on, it's the NAAFI. She was shit.

The guy who wrote it, Eric Bogle, isn't that impressed with the cover version either, as it's missed out big chunks of the lyrics as the words don't fit the sentiment of the occasion. More than half of the verses of the original have been cut as it's a fairly strong anti-war song, and talks about 'all the killing and dying being in vain'. Not really what the RBL appeal is about.

It's not been banned, it just didn't make it onto the R1/R2 playlists because it isn't very good. DJs can still play it if they choose to.

Just to make the blood run properly cold, they're re-working 'Feed the World' for this Christmas because it's the 30th anniversary... it'll be terrible.

Ah well we can't have the world class singers like Jo Brand, Linda Robson, John Craven etc having competition in the charity song stakes can we?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I got to see it she deserves to be shot ( at dawn possibly) for what she did to the song

AAGF

RIP
RIP
Eric Bogle has written some magnificent songs - here's his "No Man's Land (Green Fields of France)"

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Really Eric Bogle wrote that ?
i-19dcd1674ac61154723256c1de9bd8f0-facepalm.jpg

ACAB

LE
The Scots Guards had their very own stirring battle song:

"I am a big Right Flanker
A waster and a ******..."

I'll let @johnboyzzz fill in the rest! :)

ACAB

LE
"I wear a gay hat and I'm filled with self loathing,
Because I am to soldiering what Steven Hawking is to olympic rowing"?

I should have been a song writer.
You, carpark, now!

You can leave your handbag.

Latest Threads