RBL having to protect youg poppy sellers

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Wordsmith, Oct 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

This is seriously sad.

Royal British Legion minders for young poppy sellers - Telegraph

What sick fcuks abuse young kids collecting for the RBL?

• Like Like x 4
  2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

You would hope that assault and the theft of a charity tin from a 13 year old girl would mobilise a team of detectives and scrutiny of CCTV. Sadly, my first thought is that if the Riders lay a finger on the spitting charmers they will be in the cells.
  3. I'm sure my RBL instruction manual says one has to be at least 16 to collect?

Regardless - shame on those ignorant bastards.
  4. I do believe that you are correct.
  5. You still have the right to 'pre-emptive' strike if you believe you are about to be attacked. The issue would be wether you were proportionate.

6. When I were a cadet I was collecting from about 14

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crapatalk and a head dobber
  7. A length of pipe hidden up your sleeve and a stanley knife to 'Let the other cunts know what happens' is a no then?
  8. Understandable, I was mugged along with another cadet when collecting. Being stood there in lightweights, jumper and a badly shaped beret didnt seem to deter the knife wielding glue sniffer from politely taking our tins and informing us that he would come back and "do us little pricks in" if we ever told.

We told and I am still waiting for the C**t 20 years later.
  9. I believe you must be 16 to hold the tin, but can be younger to assist/hold the poppy tray etc. -we have cadets out collecting every year, but always have Adult Instructors there just in case and to be honest have never had any issues with Joe civvie getting uppity.
  10. Bradfordistan…

Nuff said.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. It's not only the usual suspects that shout and hiss at Poppy collectors, we get it from disgruntled veterans and objectors from our own culture as well. But the kind of scum from up North and highlighted on the thread should learn some hard lessons very quickly and they mustn't be allowed to continue. Is there a distinction between racial abuse and expressing cultural or political beliefs? Yes there is. Peacefully. Something the neanderthals haven't grasped. If some cultures and their nutters are abusing kids collecting for the RBL, then give any of those collectors proper protection and lock up the nutters.
  12. One gets you ten the the BBC won't report this.
  13. I suppose that explains it. A quick Google shows that there is some variation in minimum age but the majority of English councils - including Bradford - have a minimum age of 16.
  14. If the bastards are caught, fine them and pay monies to RBL. Nice irony.
    • Like Like x 1