RBL Broken Covenant Petition

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by stinker, Aug 20, 2007.

?
  1. Theres a petition, Sh*t where do I sign.

64.1%
  2. Because I don't think 10 million signatures will be enough.

26.6%
  3. The latest DIN prevents me from doing so.

9.4%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't want to steal Scarletto's original post, but can 28,000+ members of this site, explain why there are only approx 5000 signatures on this petition;

www.brokencovenant.org.uk

This is a campaign which should appeal to all ARRSE users and is being run by the Royal British Legion please give them your support there are approx 10 million members of the ex and serving Armed Forces, a significant number that should change government opinion.

Edited on suggestion by Dragstrip, the original subject being covered by Wheelchair Warrior and I can't spell, apologies to scarletto but I feel this subject requires more airtime

2. Good question Stinky. Why not start a new thread; perhaps with a poll?

3. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

I would like to point out the following.

"We now working with the British Forces Post Office to set up special arrangements for a free parcel service until Christmas."

This is not acceptable. The arangement must be for the duration of the deployment not just "until the press have forgotten so we can put the prices up again."

In my opinion, and this does not represent the owners of the site.............This is a decision by the PR people for maximum publicity gain with minimum financial loss; it is not a commitment to HM Forces. Spin Spin Spin.

4. Just signed it. 5227. Sorry for not doing so earlier.

5. Already signed it! Bump.

6. Done, bump!

7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Bumpety, bumpety bump. Done

8. Where's the option for I signed up for it two weeks ago?

Bump.

9. 5262 Signed

10. Apologies BC knew I forgot something, can't seem to be able to edit any more is it three strikes and your out?

PS Forgot link to scarlettos original.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=71812.html

Sign on this sign on that, I don't really care just sign the petition and keep this or scarlettos on the front page.

Cheers

11. Wot Bat_Crab said. Is that a bump :?

12. [align=center]THE MILITARY COVENANT[/align]

0103. Soldiers will be called upon to make personal sacrifices - including the ultimate sacrifice - in the service of the Nation. In putting the needs of the nation and the Army before their own, they forgo some of the rights enjoyed by those outside the Armed Forces. In return, British soldiers must always be able to expect fair treatment, to be valued and respected as individuals, and that they (and their families) will be sustained and rewarded by commensurate terms and conditions of service. In the same way, the unique nature of military land operations means that the Army differs from all other institutions, and must be sustained and provided for accordingly by the nation. This mutual obligation forms the Military Covenant between the nation, the Army and each individual soldier; an unbreakable common bond of identity, loyalty and responsibility which has sustained the Army and its soldiers throughout its history. It has perhaps its greatest manifestation in the annual commemoration of Armistice Day, when the nation keeps covenant with those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, giving their lives in action.

http://www.army.mod.uk/servingsoldier/usefulinfo/valuesgeneral/adp5milcov/ss_hrpers_values_adp5_1_w.html

Just in case people do not know what the petition is about.