RBL Bikers (Legion of Bikers?)

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by black_taxi, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am after some help from any one in the above , My gaffer is doing a sponsored bike ride across the US,he has beem given one of the leather waistcoats and wants me (Local Stitch) to put on some Blazer Badges . My question is ,are there "dress regs "per say or are they put on in any fashion or does , say the RBL badge go on the left breast and the Regimental one on the right breast of the jacket , sounds trival but , you can bet some one will pick up the fact so dont want upset/offend,p88s off any one or my gaffer.

Cheers

B_T

2. mso

mso LE

There are no regulations. Just go and look for the scruffy individuals who invite themselves to military funerals and lower the tone of the whole occasion.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I have never liked the tendency for some people to give themselves a different identity within the RBL. Member is good enough for me.

4. RBL blazer badges on leather waistcoats go high on the chest and any other badges below that (no other badges can be put above " the crown").

5. He's a civvy he can wear it with a matching pink tutu and a ball gag if he want's, anyone getting outraged on the RBL's behalf needs raping with a broken beer bottle.

• Like Like x 3
  6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Everyone wears theirs differently. As for lowering the tone, the RBLR only attend funerals if invited by the family. I've never attended a funeral but I wear my waistcoat with pride. Not all members of the branch have a waistcoat, its not mandatory, it's a personal choice whether you wear one or not.

Black_taxi pm sent

• Like Like x 1

7. Oh yes, I want a load of smelly leather jacketed latent homosexuals as Great Uncle Alan's funeral, oh and their shit bikes "look at me, LOOK AT ME".
    Do us all a favour and **** off!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Right then, thanx for the replies gents ,both positive and not so, will go RBL on right, Regt on left above ribbons(fooker of a job that ,ened up putting them onto velcro and doing that way looks a lot tidier. any once again thanx for the input

B_T

9. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Heed your own advice perhaps?

• Like Like x 3
  10. You obviously can't ******* read you illiterate twat. I did just say that we attend ONLY on the invitation of the family. We do not give it "look at me, LOOK AT ME".

You may not like bikes, that's your prerogative, but don't sit behind your keyboard spouting crap when you have no idea what the branch does.

We attend repats and funerals for the sole reason of showing respect to a fallen member of the Armed Forces or Veteran, whilst hopefully providing support to the family.

We also have fundraising events all year round raising money for the Poppy Appeal. If you think you can do better than that then crack on, if not, then keep your ******* mouth shut and let us do what we do, which is honour those that are serving and who have served.

• Like Like x 8
  11. So...........how does sitting astride a chrome tractor, wearing shades, stubble and a fake thousand yard stare show an ounce of respect for the fallen or give support for the family?

12. The original concept for the 3rd Mad Max movie was provisionally titled "Mad Max III Beyond the Quegatron" and featured a gang of RBL Harley riders wearing their little waistcoats. Due to the prevailing homophobic ideas at the time the project was renamed and plot amended to feature sweating, hairy men in leather pants grappling with each other as this was considered far less spicy.

The rest as they say is history.

13. Gay, gay and thrice gay.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

As mentioned on another thread, riding ridiculous motorcycles while dressed like an extra from an early Queen video is an incredibly odd hobby anyway, doing it at the funerals of people you've never met, pushes the boundaries just a little too far in my opinion.

I can just imagine Mrs Bloggs organising the funeral of her fallen son/husband when she gets the call:

"Oh hi, I'm from the Royal British Legion, would you like some support at the funeral?"

Now obviously she's gonna be thinking 'a few old blokes with flags and regimental blazers might be a nice touch.'

Imagine her surprise when the ******* circus turns up.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.