RBL accepts BNP donation

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Postie, Sep 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well done to the RBL and the BNP.

2. This is a bit like if the unit kn0bhead offers to buy you a pint would you turn him down, personally me I would not but that is because beer is beer. You don't have to agree with the politics they have they have the right to say it, and to give charitable donations to whom so ever they choose.

3. Personally I think the RBL should take the donation and shut up.
    It is not the place or function of the RBL to play politics. If they simply refused to become embroiled in politics this would be a non story. As it is they are seting themselves up to become a political tool, either for the BNP or the anti-BNP types depending on which way the wind is blowing.

4. Accept the money, on the understanding that it comes with no special riders or strings attached. Ask the BNP not to advertise or make political capital out of the donation.

If they do, then make sure that someone in the local press shows you then handing that money over to / spending it on non-white / non christian / gay charity service users and make the point it is the BNPs money you are using for that purpose.

They will either stop making donations (making themselves look like twats) or make them quietly. Either way, they are forced to be honest about their intentions.

5. The money was raised by a person called Rachel Firth, who spent 24 hours on the street in a cardboard box to raise it. The problem was that she donated half of her funds to a political party which it is still legal to support, and half to the Legion.

I don't support the BNP in any way however until the government outlaws them I can't see how the nations press and politicians can get such a c0ckstand about these issues.

Besides, aren't RBL a charity. Whatever happened to that saying 'beggars can't be choosers.'

6. So the RBL should accept money given to aid soldiers only to hand it over to a charity for non whites, non christians or gays?

7. If it wasn't for the chronic underfunding of PTSD care and shameful neglect of all veterans over many decades by Labour and Tory Governments, then there wouldn't be a NEED for soldiers to rely on charity.

8. to be fair he did say 'service users', which i took to mean gay/ non white/ non christian soldiers!

Ducks behind table cos she's been lippy and answered back to Falls!!

9. Take the money at least it's going to a good cause.

10. Which is he function of the RBL, not playing politics

11. Errm, no, that would be stupid and ILLEGAL. They should use the money to help soldiers in line with their rules. However, if the BNP attempt to use the RBL donation for political capital, then the charity should make a big play of supporting non white soldiers, or non christian soldiers or gay soldiers.

See, it is much easier if you read what I write the first time. It saves me having to spell it out again L E T T E R by L E T T E R.

12. I think this is very true. However, even if there wasn't a need for this cahirty, I think these charities would still exist, by giving additional support to families.

I can't help but think that lately the government works out what support to give to ex-servicemen based upon how much they expect them to get from charities.

13. The problem is that they advertised their opposition to the use of the poppy by the BNP and have now taken the money.

14. In playing politics the RBL are moving away from the armed forces mentality and closer to just another association.

Soldiers sailors and airmen don't get to play politics in their daily business. Whoever is in charge on the day is who they answer to. In "theory" the BNP could get voted into power and the PM could be a BNP member. On that day the armed forces would have to play the game led by a BNP PM but what would RBL do?

Personally I think the BNP have become like the bat sign in the sky to (Insert word)ist mongs who just want an excuse to rant. Alot of its verbal support comes from the mouths of chav mongs who harp on about immigration as if its the only issue. Probably less than half of them actually vote and I dare say of the BNP's total support half of the votes are the so called "Protest Votes."