Razor blades

Now, someone must have done this before unless it is the Urban Legend I believe it to be.

Allegedly you can claim back the cost of the razor blades you use throughout the year, although no one can ever be bothered (I assume!)

If I were to buy 52 razor blades (Gilette Fusion, thanks for asking) so I have one for every week (change regularly) and therefore a years supply, can I present an invoice / receipt and claim it back through the system?

I suspect that I would be able to claim a percentage of it because there are cheaper razors available, but still claim something.

Can any RAO's / RAOWOs answer this? Need it straight from the horses mouth. I'll buy them anyway, but just in case!

F-A-B

Jim

www.soldieringon.co.uk

Get one of these:

and one of these:

and you won't need to buy razor blades ever again. :)

(You can get sutures free from the Med Centre)

The only thing you can claim back is the tax back on any thing that you use for your work. So save up all those reciepts for boot polish and razor blades for 22 years and I suspect you will get about £50 if your lucky............. so technically a waste of your valuable time and your HR administrators, but my answer would be send your reciepts to the Tax office in cardiff with a covering letter. Good effort but no cigar.

Gillette Fusion you spend £15-19 on a pack of 8 blades? Thats almost £110 per year.
You should invest in either a cut throat or one of these

It uses safety razor blades and costs around £15 per year in razor blade and will last you a life time.

Using proper shaving soap and a brush is not only better for your skin but also good for the environment and your wallet.

I remember hearing this sort of cr@p when I was in phase 2, and that was a long time ago! Try it! I'd love to be there when the RAOWO laughs you out the office!

C

cloudbuster

LordVonHarley said:
Gillette Fusion you spend £15-19 on a pack of 8 blades? Thats almost £110 per year.

It uses safety razor blades and costs around £15 per year in razor blade and will last you a life time.
Got the very same. Once you get used to the heft, you won't go back to the modern scrapers.
Using proper shaving soap and a brush is not only better for your skin but also good for the environment and your wallet.
If you've sensitive skin, use a shaving oil.

LordVonHarley said:

you big nancy stormtrooper. :D

mediumwhiteamericano said:
LordVonHarley said:

you big nancy stormtrooper. :D
I need to keep my skin in tip top condition for my sexy little Gwar to kiss and caress :D

if you're gwar bearded like myself then oil doesnt seem to cut it (no pun). Our masculine gwarness means our stubble is like steel and therefore such poncy oils and lotions are no use.

LordVonHarley said:
mediumwhiteamericano said:
Is your skin as pale as hers?
No, I'm dark set with stubble like Desperate Dan. If I don't shave then I risk giving her a very red chin. :oops:
Who would notice would just look likes she been out without her factor 50

cloudbuster said:
If you've sensitive skin, use a shaving oil.
I have senstive skin and an exceptionally bristly beard, using oil results in the hairs being yanked out rather than trimmed - most painful. I use a Mach 3 old style, none of that vibrating bolleaux for me, and apply E45 (the only moisturiser allowed for men) afterwards to avoid the inevitable "muesli skin" effect.

I dislike shaving intensely, always have and always will do, I have tried virtually every product out there and I am disapointed to report that the Mach 3 is the best for my face. That is unless I go to a proper barber for a shave every morning!

LordVonHarley said:

Now why did we stop using these???

I've still got my dad's old Gillette twisty-opening one that I used regularly as a teenager (and also used as a kid, but this was because I could get it to grip mini darts so, with a bit of imagination, it became a Mosquito dropping bombs with a twist of the collar!) and it still works well.

Finding that this razor was a little bit bulky for my Army wash kit, I ended up with a screw-apart double-edged razor in a small travel case. Perfect for exercises.

You can still get hold of them for less than £20 and the blades are £4-£5 for 10. Being double-edged, this is equivalent to 20 blade changes. ISTR that some people actually reconditioned their blades with a strop, giving them an extended life.

With a little bit of underhandedness, these blades could probably be paid for by the system - the blades were an essential tool used by draughtsmen to scrape ink from drawing film or (very carefully) paper. It may be a bit more difficult to justify these days unless you can convince somebody that you really can remove the Autocad lines from the computer screen with them - though it may help Sluggy remove the Tippex from her screen.

If anybody goes down the route of memory lane, a tip - don't get the blue blades as they only last one shave. Get the platinum ones instead as the blade (both sides) will last a week.

Latest Threads